ROBERSON

Guest jthaub

I just recall at the beginning of the season everyone was talking about how we were going to have the greatest DB class of all time and now there are all these rumors of recruits not coming through for one reason or another. Doesn't seem like all that great of a class if neither Roberson nor Florence sign.

You must be kidding me.....first EF is all in, no worries there - 2nd, Whitehead is no slouch. There are a lot of folks who wanted him regardless of what MR did.

Please step away from the ledge.....I am strangely reminded of the Clemson game thread where people were calling for BT to come in and be our QB.....please, let's all keep a level head and refrain from making blanket statements....

Wow, just wow!!

:believe:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just recall at the beginning of the season everyone was talking about how we were going to have the greatest DB class of all time and now there are all these rumors of recruits not coming through for one reason or another. Doesn't seem like all that great of a class if neither Roberson nor Florence sign.

I'm guessing you can name a better class than this one?

**** J. Rose

**** E. Florence

**** J. Whitehead

**** R. Therezie

*** J. Swain

So replacing a **** with a **** somehow makes this class less worthy?

I'm not seeing your argument whatsoever.

Again: when size, speed, and ranking are IDENTICAL between two recruits, I take the ONE that is begging to be here...not the one that's playing "musical schools".

WDE!

LOL you guys need some medication. There is nothing you can do about it. My new approach to all things Auburn is to sit back and enjoy the ride and hope we do well. If we don't win or pick the wrong DB recruit we will still play football on Saturdays and give me a reason to drink Maker's Mark.

I'llsecond that!

yea guys, no worries.  If this is all true and we get Whitehead instead of Roberson, we will be fine.  Whitehead will be a dynamite CB.  He is definitely faster than Roberson and I think is just as good covering receivers.  Either way we will be fine.

Everyone chill  :cool:  As ST and every MOD on AE has stated many times....this is big time recruits and you never know what an 18 teenager will do.  If MR didn't want to be part of the family then it is better he goes somewhere else.

Everyone needs to remember the rules of AE even if they are a little upset because of MR at this time.  

**** J. Rose

**** E. Florence

**** J. Whitehead

**** R. Therezie

*** J. Swain

Again: when size, speed, and ranking are IDENTICAL between two recruits, I take the ONE that is begging to be here...not the one that's playing "musical schools".

WDE!

I agree with you that they are both outstanding recruits and we are being spoiled by this staff but I can also see his point of view as well.  In the positional rankings, many people consider Roberson to be well ahead of Whitehead.

My elbow hurts.

So I guess does that rule out a shot for Whitehead on offense? I'd have thought that if both JW & MR came on board then we'd have the luxury to afford JW a shot at offense. But with what's going down, seems like they need him to just come in and play D?

Just got a tweet from ST saying AU coaches found out some mitigating info about Robersom that they dind't know prior to accepting his comittment.

Yeah, I saw that too. I'd say there is zero chance of Roberson coming to AU at this point.

I know this is a Roberson thread and if MR wants to go somewhere else I believe its his choice. Anybody know that JW is a lock I saw where he enjoyed the visit but can anyone say he's a lock. Thanks. WDE

Nevermind I see New ST thread. Sorry. Welcome home JW.

Just got a tweet from ST saying AU coaches found out some mitigating info about Robersom that they dind't know prior to accepting his comittment.

Now that would explain the change, gang we must have faith in CGC and staff!

Guest tdub4au

The whole point of what I was saying is if Roberson wants to come to auburn, and since he comitted it sounds like he does, then I don't see what a circumstance could be that he can't come here. I said before I know I don't know what's really going on but to me it sounds simple. He wants to be a tiger and he can't because of whatever reason it is and I hate it. Yes I think JW is good and I actually thought he would come here as well as Roberson but it just sucks to lose out on talent like that when they want to be a part of this class.

I agree with you that they are both outstanding recruits and we are being spoiled by this staff but I can also see his point of view as well.  In the positional rankings, many people consider Roberson to be well ahead of Whitehead.

The difference of 10 spots in a positional ranking as large as CB is nothing.  They are essentially equal.  How they turn out will hinge on the coaching they get at the next level.  Roberson will be a stud with great coaching...same for Whitehead.  If you're really haggling over a difference between the two, you're focused more on name than skill.  Heck, I can give you two skills from Whitehead that I am super excited about:  he's pondering competing in the high jump and the triple jump in college.  That's a hell of a skill set for a CB to have (we don't have anyone near that skill set on the roster right now).  With all other things equal (heck, even giving up a few spots in the positional ranking), I'll take the guy that is also a D1 level track athlete...nevermind the fact that he is BEGGING to be an Auburn Tiger rather than flirting with the Gaytors and committed originally to Texas Tech even when there was a very firm AU offer there.  If he wanted to be at AU, he'd have committed months ago.  I bet Whitehead would have!

Not arguing with your point, just giving another angle also.

What ever his issues good luck to MR. I hope that all works out for him. As for JW I dont think he is so much a back-up as an alternative. Solid young DB with the world in front of him.

Our coaches are recruiting who they think will best fit Auburn. They aren't recruiting based on Rivals or Scouts rankings.

All I'm stating is that looking at current commits, all you got is Rose, Therezie, and Swain. I'm not complaining. But all my point was that we heard how we were gonna sign like 5 of the top DBs in the country. It's all good. But I left Florence out in my comment because he may not go with Auburn. And then you are assuming Whitehead. Honestly, I don't know much about the guy. All I'm saying is that if Auburn got those 3, that's good. I'm just saying it's not like it's a cream of the crop kind of thing like the OL may turn out to be. That's all.

Personally, it's great with the class that's being put together. I'm so happy with the National Championship, we could've signed zero 4 and 5 stars and I'd still be glowing.

**** J. Rose

**** E. Florence

**** J. Whitehead

**** R. Therezie

*** J. Swain

WDE!

The whole point of what I was saying is if Roberson wants to come to auburn, and since he comitted it sounds like he does, then I don't see what a circumstance could be that he can't come here. I said before I know I don't know what's really going on but to me it sounds simple. He wants to be a tiger and he can't because of whatever reason it is and I hate it. Yes I think JW is good and I actually thought he would come here as well as Roberson but it just sucks to lose out on talent like that when they want to be a part of this class.

Apparently he really doesn`t want to be here or there wouldn`t be a lot of turmoil going on. Either you do or you don`t. Sounds like he may have been playing schools against each other behind the scenes or something. Won`t say I`m glad he`s gone but we don`t need 18 year old headaches at this point in time.

All I'm stating is that looking at current commits, all you got is Rose, Therezie, and Swain. I'm not complaining. But all my point was that we heard how we were gonna sign like 5 of the top DBs in the country. It's all good. But I left Florence out in my comment because he may not go with Auburn. And then you are assuming Whitehead. Honestly, I don't know much about the guy. All I'm saying is that if Auburn got those 3, that's good. I'm just saying it's not like it's a cream of the crop kind of thing like the OL may turn out to be. That's all.

Personally, it's great with the class that's being put together. I'm so happy with the National Championship, we could've signed zero 4 and 5 stars and I'd still be glowing.

Did you take a look at ESPN's recent re-rankings of the 2007 recruiting classes? With the way things change, In 3 or 4 years we may find out we did in fact get the top DB's in the nation in this class.

We have just as good a chance of signing Florence and Whitehead as we do Therezie and Swain.  Every "insider" with any credibility is telling us that all 4 are signing with AU--ST, AUQBDAD, J. Lee, etc...and Rose is already in school.  That's 4 **** DBs and Swain...same as we've always hoped for.  The ONLY thing we've done is replace the last name printed on one of the jerseys from "Roberson" to "Whitehead".  Seriously.  It's as simple as that.

Again, not arguing, but that's just the simple truth.

We have just as good a chance of signing Florence and Whitehead as we do Therezie and Swain.  Every "insider" with any credibility is telling us that all 4 are signing with AU--ST, AUQBDAD, J. Lee, etc...and Rose is already in school.  That's 4 **** DBs and Swain...same as we've always hoped for.  The ONLY thing we've done is replace the last name printed on one of the jerseys from "Roberson" to "Whitehead".  Seriously.  It's as simple as that.

Again, not arguing, but that's just the simple truth.

As far as rankings go,Roberson and Whitehead are almost a wash.To me,that shows how well the staff can recruit.When you lose out on a 4* DB and replace him almost instantly with another 4* DB,you have your stuff together!

Guest jojo1515

FWIW, I wish Roberson the best of luck in where ever he ends up.  I hope this "news" the coaches found out is nothing serious.  I know it could possibly be coach speak that we are not accepting him, but if that is true...how many coaching staffs in this country would tell what some consider the #2 CB in America who has verbally committed to you no thanks?  These guys are truly one of a kind and we are blessed to have them.  You have to consider what this move means....  there are many scenarios.  It is possible that the coaches have a "plan" and they needed another spot open for a "surprise" commit; therefore, someone that may have some issues can be dropped off the list to make room.  I for one am excited about the possibilities!  WDE and DWWD!!!

Archived