***Marcus Roberson has committed to Auburn***

WDE1345162774

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the Plains Marcus!

I wonder if this will effect Whitehead's decision......or if the coaches will cool on him since many on here have indicated that he was a back-up plan if we don't get Marcus.  Personally, I like both.

Jonesy, good call, never worried about Roberson.  But you see how good our coaches are in these type situations.   Roberson commits to TT and then we  invite Whitehead in for a visit, who is definitely no slouch.   Then Roberson decommits from TT and then commits the day after Whitehead raved about his visit.  Our coaches are unbelievable and I think are a top 3 as a collective unit as recruiters in college football.   We just don't have 1 or 2 that does the heavy lifting, they all are pulling in top 5 kids in their respective positions.   It is great to have Roberson, he will be fantastic as a CB for us and our secondary will be sick wtih talent with Roberson, Florence, Rose and Therezie.    It is great to be a Auburn Tiger.  WDE!

My only complaint is I was trying to back away from the computer and rest up till Wednesday, but I'm lured right back in!! Welcome to The Family Mr. Roberson!! War Eagle!!

:party: :party: :party:

I wonder if this will effect Whitehead's decision......or if the coaches will cool on him since many on here have indicated that he was a back-up plan if we don't get Marcus.  Personally, I like both.

I obviously don't know what the coaches plan is or if we realistically have room, but personally would like to sign both. We can't have enough outstanding DB's right now imo. Load up while we have the opportunity.

Jonesy, good call, never worried about Roberson.  But you see how good our coaches are in these type situations.   Roberson commits to TT and then we  invite Whitehead in for a visit, who is definitely no slouch.   Then Roberson decommits from TT and then commits the day after Whitehead raved about his visit.  Our coaches are unbelievable and I think are a top 3 as a collective unit as recruiters in college football.   We just don't have 1 or 2 that does the heavy lifting, they all are pulling in top 5 kids in their respective positions.   It is great to have Roberson, he will be fantastic as a CB for us and our secondary will be sick wtih talent with Roberson, Florence, Rose and Therezie.    It is great to be a Auburn Tiger.  WDE!

I certainly wasn't the only one who pegged Roberson a tiger. Maybe a little more confident than others.

Cheers

I certainly wasn't the only one who pegged Roberson a tiger. Maybe a little more confident than others.

Cheers

Good call!

:wareagle:

Guest tdub4au

I obviously don't know what the coaches plan is or if we realistically have room, but personally would like to sign both. We can't have enough outstanding DB's right now imo. Load up while we have the opportunity.

I would imagine that our coaches probably expected Roberson to sign with us before this weekend because of the meeting and they still sounded like they wanted whitehead. He (whitehead) said the coaches wanted him to come in and "lock things down and help win another championship". He also said they wanted him to be a little wildcat guy but to be lock down corner on the perimeter from day 1 so it sounds like they definitely still want him

I would imagine that our coaches probably expected Roberson to sign with us before this weekend because of the meeting and they still sounded like they wanted whitehead. He (whitehead) said the coaches wanted him to come in and "lock things down and help win another championship". He also said they wanted him to be a little wildcat guy but to be lock down corner on the perimeter from day 1 so it sounds like they definitely still want him

I agree. From everything I have read, he has a firm scholly offer from us period and is not a "back up plan" as some other posters have termed it. BTW, I hate that term- not very flattering to use on a teenager imo. Anywho...

Must admit, I was wrong on Roberson.  Still floored he's committing to us with his last visit to The Plains being September 25 for the South Carolina game, but I'll take it!  

This was a huge get!  I think we just got a commitment from our starting corner opposite of Bell for 2011.

Must admit, I was wrong on Roberson.  Still floored he's committing to us with his last visit to The Plains being September 25 for the South Carolina game, but I'll take it!  

This was a huge get!  I think we just got a commitment from our starting corner opposite of Bell for 2011.

I have less cred than you (actually in reality, I have absolutely none) but I'll eat crow on this one too - I thought Roberson was UF bound.

Over the moon that Roberson is AU bound; he's going to see a ton of field time!  :we:

Archived