Late Night Reflections of a Lifelong Auburn fan

tigerrules

Let's not forget about Jim Fyffe either.  Somehow, I get the feeling that he will be there calling the game of his life.

I've waited so many years for this game and now that it's actually going to happen, it almost feels like a dream.

While visioning an Auburn win, I'm reminded of a line that Chevy Chase said in the movie Family Vaction as the family neared Wally World.  "We're gonna have so much fun that it will take plastic surgeons to remove the smiles from our faces."

One person I really wish were here to see this really happening and saying.....TOUCHDOWNNNNNN AUBURNNNNNNN !!!!!

I want to thank each one of you, my brothers and sisters, for sharing these wonderful, heartfelt stories. I felt like I could actually visualize everything that was stated. This reminds me of our family reunions and how we tell stories of each other but when the older generations speaks, they have everybody's undivided attention and you could almost see their words come to life. This really touched my heart and I can feel the love for Auburn from each one of you !! Auburn tried and true since 1988 ! War Eagle and ALL IN !

All I can think of is that I wish that all Bowl Games were played within 2 weeks of the season's end.

Just remembering the solidarity and almost surreal mindset that the team showed throughout the SECCG, I know that I would be extremely confident in our chances tonight if the game had been played within a week or so after the season ending. I remember watching the video of the team boarding the bus in Auburn before leaving for Atlanta, and almost to a man, everyone of them had a calm but firm look in their eyes. No rah rah, no high fives, just business as usual.

I can only hope that the coaches have been able to return the TEAM to that state of mind for tonight's game. I do know that if there is a coach and staff that can do it, it is CGC and his staff. Here is hoping for a complete game in attack mode tonight. Take the offensive from the first snap and don't slow down.

By the way Coach (CGC) please do have that discussion with the referees about Oregon's offense substitutions and being fair and reasonable to folks like Nick Fairley.

i remember cgc telling the team pregame " this is going to be your finest hour" in atl. i hope he has that same confidence tonight.

rednilla, great read, i will save it for my kids. i have so much trouble getting them to use bike helmets, when they are old enough for a 4wheeler i hope to convince them and i think you can help.

Auburn is a part of who I am not just an event in my life.  I was speaking to a former Illinois football player who's daughter is being recruited by Auburn in soccer and he asked what was Auburn like.  I said it is home, its family, it is just a very special place. 

The remember the past season accomplishments and disappointments.  The thrills this team has already given me will last a lifetime.  Now go win that BCS Championship for yourselves and for Auburn.

WAR EAGLE!!

I'm only 17 years old but have been following Auburn football for as long as I can remember. This has been the most magical year I've ever witnessed. It's definitely not a coincidence that it's been led by the most magical player I've ever witnessed either. You guys, no matter what happens tomorrow night.. win or lose, it's an absolute blessing to be a part of a Family that loves and believes in the same thing you do. I could go on but I'll leave it at this...

I'm 100% All In... are you?

I am ALL IN and we leave for Glendale in one hour!

I am definitely ALL IN!!!!!  WAR EAGLE!!!!     :believe:

• 1 year later...

Great find and bump!!! It brings things back into perspective.

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

-George Petrie (1945)

Archived