Take this with a big old pile of salt.

Chaotic_zx

Antoine Carter was saying that today is his last practice in Auburn. Nick Fairley told him that they would miss him. To me this implies that he will be back.

Thanks goes out to the seniors for all the hard work they've done. Without great leadership, great seasons don't happen.

Mods delete if there is a problem with this info.

sounds great! where did you get it?

I got it from twitter. Fairley has only been on twitter for less than a week and has 5114 followers. Another funny story is that Fairley said he was 5 lockers from Carter and was tweeting him. Fairley is too funny.

That's why I said if the mods wanted to delete it they could. Not wanting to step on anyone's toes and such.

While I fully admit that I would like to see him play for AU another year, it is not my only thought in the process. Some people think his future would be more secure if he finishes his degree. I am in this camp.

if nick fairly is still saying this after the game someone needs to talk some sense into him. it would be irresponsible for the people advising him not to tell him go secure his future for life. you can bet that chizik will lead him to make the right decision. from what i have read about nick he comes from poverty so he might think he is living it up now. if he was projected late first round or later staying would be a toss up, but if he is really a top 5 or even top 2 or 3 pick, he has to take the $. as more time passes im starting to think cam might come back, but no way for nick.

Five words for what it is worth....

Insurance Policy Lloyd's of London

since my post was copied i will stand by it. i have heard that the highest policly you can get is 3mill(i dont know if true) but his family probably cannot pay the premium. if he is a top 2or 3 pick, just look at what those guys usually get.(probably 30 or 40mill) i am all auburn and would like to see him killing qbs again for us again next year. but the logical, responsible, human side of me says he should definately make the move. he cant go any higher.

He is at least a top 10 pick if not top 5. He should go and take $250,000 out his 1st check and put it into an interest bearing account that would buy him all the education he could ever want.

He is at least a top 10 pick if not top 5.  He should go and take $250,000 out his 1st check and put it into an interest bearing accountant that would buy him all the education he could ever want.

this^^ when you get 10s of millions an education is not hard to get. if he gets injured not just football a car crash or a tree falls on him. all those millions are gone period.

since my post was copied i will stand by it. i have heard that the highest policly you can get is 3mill(i dont know if true) but his family probably cannot pay the premium. if he is a top 2or 3 pick, just look at what those guys usually get.(probably 30 or 40mill) i am all auburn and would like to see him killing qbs again for us again next year. but the logical, responsible, human side of me says he should definately make the move. he cant go any higher.

I wish the best for Nick no less.  If it cant be purchased at a fair price/coverage then for sure go pro.  One would expect that some sort of payment plan could be set up based on the expected earnings in one years time.  Since essentially the company is betting on the continued health of Nick.

it might work that way. i just remember the mannings when they stayed people mentioning that archie purchased the max. policy for them.

A top 5 pick is crazy money. I'm not disagreeing with the other side's logic. I just think it isn't a bad decision to finish one's education.  Watching Peyton Manning today on tv. He stayed for another year and still got a boat load of money.

I posted this topic to let people know who might not have twitter, the info that I ran across. I didn't really mean for it to be a should he stay or go thread. In all honesty, I would probably go myself given his situation.

I'm pretty sure you don't pay anything on those policies upfront--once you get drafted you owe them a certain amount of money but I could be wrong.

Antoine Carter was saying that today is his last practice in Auburn. Nick Fairley told him that they would miss him. To me this implies that he will be back.

Thanks goes out to the seniors for all the hard work they've done. Without great leadership, great seasons don't happen.

Mods delete if there is a problem with this info.

Would be great if he did come back.

I would love to see Nick come back, but truly believe it is in his best interest to take his talents to the NFL. His stock will never be higher and after the draft he will be set financially for life. I want the best for every Auburn Family member, and that is in Nick's best interest IMO. I know that college players can get insurance policies, but the families have to pay for them and he won't get an insurance policy close to what his first contract will pay him in guaranteed money.

I honestly think both Nick and Cam have to go....I love AU Football but as a AU Family member I have to have my two little brothers do what's best for them and their familys  :believe:  :wareagle:

I honestly think both Nick and Cam have to go....I love AU Football but as a AU Family member I have to have my two little brothers do what's best for them and their familys  :believe:  :wareagle:

[/quote Im sure that they will do just that... if they feel a college education is more important... then so be it.

They might be having fun and enjoying their lives at Auburn.

You never know... should they leave? Probably so... Will they leave? We will find out.

Different perspective, but just because someone makes 30 or 40 million does not insure they are set for life. Most lotto winners are broke in less than 15 years, and there are plenty of stories about athletes makings millions and ending up broke. Half of 30 million is going to taxes and another 10 or 15 percent is going to pay for an agent. Throw in trying to take care of every family member who comes out of the woodwork with their hands out, and it gets spent pretty quickly. That being said he should probably go ahead and take the money if he is a top 5 or 10 pick, but he should also have a pretty solid plan on how to hang onto the money once they give it to him.

Archived