Bama has avoided the death penalty twice?

Chaotic_zx

Interesting article. Seems the NCAA in 2008 want to stiffen the penalties in regard to violations. There are 70 teams that have avoided the death penalty under those rules are: Alabama, Baylor, Austin Peay and Oklahoma State.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5954489

Well Alabama was

""They were absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun," said Thomas Yeager, chairman of the infractions committee."

"These violations are some of the worst, most serious that have ever occurred," he said.

----------------------

"If the death penalty ever comes again, you can guarantee it will never be one of the BCS, cartel schools," one Division I athletic director said Friday. "They'll give it to someone in the WAC, or the Mountain West maybe, but those power commissioners will never let it happen to one of their schools."

"If repeat offenders like Alabama and Minnesota don't get it, where these unbelievable violations are a pattern for years and years, who's going to get it?"

Chances are, it'll be some poor, foolish school that isn't counted upon to contribute it's millions to the money making machine. When the NCAA Infractions Committee released its sentence of scholarship cuts and bowl bans for University of Alabama football on Friday, its chairman Thomas Yeager said: "They were absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun," insisting his committee strongly considered the death penalty.

now, now...Bama runs the cleanest program in all of college football...or at least thats what a bama fan will tell you 

:devil:

Good article and thanks for posting.  I will say that I do fully agree that the system as it stands is broken.  As it stands there is really no independence within the NCAA since most of those guys are heavily tied to major programs and would rather slit their own wrists than put a policy in place that could hurt their programs.

I read that article the other day.  The first thing I though of was all the Bammers calling for Auburn to get the death penalty.  I have found those statements to be very amusing as there is only one school in this state that is even eligble for the death penalty at present time.  (as far as I know anyway)

Interesting article. Seems the NCAA in 2008 want to stiffen the penalties in regard to violations. There are 70 teams that have avoided the death penalty under those rules are: Alabama, Baylor, Austin Peay and Oklahoma State.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5954489

It`s funny but a lot of us ral football fans knew this for years. Wonder why it just caught up to ESPN. Oh, I forgot, they were in Ms. and Ala. chasing after red herrings.

grew up several blocks away from SMU, I remember them getting the death penalty and it was absolutely devastating for the community and school-don't thing NCAA will ever hand it out again

grew up several blocks away from SMU, I remember them getting the death penalty and it was absolutely devastating for the community and school-don't thing NCAA will ever hand it out again

.... I currently live a mile from Mockingbird. That 30 on 30 was great!

And word on the street is that Okie State is cheating again.  And has been for years. And you guys know where 2 of our coaches coached before here.  :-X:dunno:

now, now...Bama runs the cleanest program in all of college football...or at least thats what a bama fan will tell you 

:devil:

actually bammer fans are too busy trying to throw others under the bus to know whats going on in there own program

Archived