Can a 2011 transfers from CC or JuCo get to play in a Jan bowl game?

Quietmaninthecorner

I should know this, I just can't put it together this morning.

Do brand new transfers from CC or JuCo get to play in Jan bowl games?   

Say a JuCo guy enrolls at AU for this coming semester (2011).   Can he play in a Jan 2011 bowl game?

Also..

Can a redshirt player like Reed (just an example) play in a January bowl game without losing his 2010 redshirt?

Say a JuCo guy enrolls at AU for this coming semester (2011).   Can he play in a Jan 2011 bowl game?

Also..

Can a redshirt player like Reed (just an example) play in a January bowl game without losing his 2010 redshirt?

I am pretty sure the answer to both questions would be NO. I think even if the JUCO guy could play, it would cost a year of eligibility.

No to the Redshirt question... As to the JC question I don't see why the coaches would want them to play in one of those games.  They will have only had a couple of weeks to learn a system they rest of the team had been playing for 6 months or more.  I would think a second or third stringer would be more useful than even a 5* juco player at that point.

Also..

I am pretty sure the answer to both questions would be NO. I think even if the JUCO guy could play, it would cost a year of eligibility.

Thanks  

No to the Redshirt question... As to the JC question I don't see why the coaches would want them to play in one of those games.   They will have only had a couple of weeks to learn a system they rest of the team had been playing for 6 months or more.  I would think a second or third stringer would be more useful than even a 5* juco player at that point.

I agree,  IF it was a legal move,  it would be a very rare case (even if it was just to get them a few snaps of experience), but I wasn't sure if there was an actual rule for it.

Then I got to thinking about RS an got all confused.

The only reason I would consider using a player who had just come in is if he was a good kick returner.  There is too much learning curve for offense or defense.

The only reason I would consider using a player who had just come in is if he was a good kick returner.  There is too much learning curve for offense or defense.

Or a punter. :P

Or a punter. :P

OR CAM NEWTON!

Even Cam had to come to school this spring so that he could learn Malzhan's system. He calls plays so quickly that it would be almost impossible for someone to jump in

Even Cam had to come to school this spring so that he could learn Malzhan's system. He calls plays so quickly that it would be almost impossible for someone to jump in

But this is Cam Newton we're talking about.  Greater than superman.  Greater than Chuck Norris. 

Cam is even greater than Wade Christopher :-X

But this is Cam Newton we're talking about.  Greater than superman.  Greater than Chuck Norris. 

Cam is even greater than Wade Christopher :-X

Nah, Cam couldn't even do it. If he did, his spring practices, scrimmages would have been alot better. Malzahns offense requires time.

Also, I believe there is a cut-off from when you can add players to your roster so the JUCO wouldn't be eligible to play until that following fall.

Archived