THEORY: I wonder about Jody Wright's tie to Cecil Hurt...

JsnAL8

BINGO.  

So many people are barking up the wrong tree.  Finally somebody gets it right.  

Schad and Mullen.  That is your connection.  Those of you with the wherewithal to follow up, do some checking.  You'll find a strong tie between Schad and the Mullen family.  

The other theory?  Total BS and frankly ridiculous.  The mass conspiracy angle may be fun, but the reality is much, much simpler.  

Schad and Mullen.  You heard it here first.  Or, actually second.  Congrats to the poster above who finally hit the right bell.

HOLY COW! Galen has surfaced. I have missed you bro.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone still broke this to Thamel....I think that is where everyone scratches their heads about Cecil Hurt.

Do you honestly think Saban and Moore would tell Wright to "keep this on the down low".

Oh h-e-doulble hockey sticks no!   And you can bet your behind that Wright told his new bosses about what he knew from MSU.  There is a reason Wright left MSU, we just don't know it yet.  But I can guess it has alot to do with MSU recruiting.

One of Wright's jobs was making all the travel arrangements for the ATH department.  That would probably include visits for recruits.  He was basically Mullin's right hand.

Let's just say Chizik had this kind of info, but say it dealt with UGA and Bama.  

When would be the perfect time to leak it?  

Do you think he would keep this to himself...HONESTLY?  I don't.  I wouldn't.  

Kill two birds with one stone......and when this was leaked Bama was still VERY MUCH in the national title hunt.  They were the best one loss team, remember?  I don't think anyone expected LSU to win that game.  Hoped, yes.  Expected, no.

BINGO.  

Schad and Mullen.  That is your connection.  Those of you with the wherewithal to follow up, do some checking.  You'll find a strong tie between Schad and the Mullen family.  

The other theory?  Total BS and frankly ridiculous.  The mass conspiracy angle may be fun, but the reality is much, much simpler.  

Schad and Mullen.  You heard it here first.  Or, actually second.  Congrats to the poster above who finally hit the right bell.

Preesh.  Haven't posted much this year.  Trying to take a break.  Glad to see you here.  

Can't say why or how I know, but I know that Schad's connection to Mullen is the major issue here.  I'm certain of it. That connection remains the biggest potential problem, IMO.  Schad has proven that he will say almost anything and he has no concerns as to its veracity.  The problem is that when he repeats a lie over and over, most people don't care about the truth.  

I also know that at least some of the speculation in regard to other involvement is about as far from reality as you can get.  

It's fun to guess, I suppose but the guesses are wrong.  

Speaking of not knowing the truth?  I was getting a haircut today and the girl cutting my hair informed me that she "hated Auburn, but really hoped that we wouldn't get in too much trouble for paying Cam."   I reacted badly. My hair remains half cut and she didn't get paid.  I got to get that fixed tomorrow but I'm changing hair cutters.  Haha.  

Someone still broke this to Thamel....I think that is where everyone scratches their heads about Cecil Hurt.

Do you honestly think Saban and Moore would tell Wright to "keep this on the down low".

Oh h-e-doulble hockey sticks no!   And you can bet your behind that Wright told his new bosses about what he knew from MSU.  There is a reason Wright left MSU, we just don't know it yet.  But I can guess it has alot to do with MSU recruiting.

One of Wright's jobs was making all the travel arrangements for the ATH department.  That would probably include visits for recruits.  He was basically Mullin's right hand.

Let's just say Chizik had this kind of info, but say it dealt with UGA and Bama.  

Kill two birds with one stone......and when this was leaked Bama was still VERY MUCH in the national title hunt.  They were the best one loss team, remember?  I don't think anyone expected LSU to win that game.  Hoped, yes.  Expected, no.

Okay.  Now you're howling up the wrong tree again. 

Go back and bark at the tree Schad is hiding in. 

Then how do you explain Hurt's emotion toward this issue. Am I the only one who has noticed that he seems to be taking this story personally?

I haven't noticed much difference in him, but then again he always bores me to death with the way he talks.. He might be taking it personally if he is getting a hundred emails from AU fans accusing him of being part of some vast conspiracy to bring AU down.. Not saying he has gotten emails from AU fans, but I wouldn't bet against it either..besides every member of the media seems to know what's coming next, but is sitting on their hands waiting for the national media to break the story..

BUT...

If you were a reporter, and the wife of the coach at a major NCAA school called you with a story about a recruit and pay for play.....

Would you consider her a credible source, just by who she is?  

Okay.  Now you're howling up the wrong tree again. 

Go back and bark at the tree Schad is hiding in. 

Schad and Mullins make sense to me.....on the story he broke.

I think someone else is Pete Thamel's source.  And Forde/Low/Schlabach's souce. 

In fact, I think Thamel/ESPN have the same source. 

But, there is still in my mind a reason Schad broke the second story, not Low/Forde/Schlabach.  The only reason I can see why ESPN would pull the three reporter they credit for breaking the biggest sports story of the year is because the sources were different.

I am convinced Mullins is Schad's source....I merely suspect Hurt is Thamel/ESPN trio.  But I would not put it past him.

BUT...

If you were a reporter, and the wife of the coach at a major NCAA school called you with a story about a recruit and pay for play.....

And I say again.  Look at the relationship between Schad and the Mullens.  It predates this particular issue.  

If a random person called?  Perhaps not.  If someone you considered a personal friend and confidant called? Different story.   

Maybe in that case you dish a little info to some of your writing pals so you don't get your hands initially dirty and then come in behind the first wave and burnish your own resume with a steady stream of BS provided by your good friends.  

Schad and Mullen.   That's your firestarter.   Look there first.  Don't let the spin meisters get us off chasing wild geese -- and there are a lot of wild geese in this thread.

There's a lot of speculation in this thread, and I don't want to take it to the level of the bammer boards.

But I have noticed that Hurt is especially upset at the SEC statements. That may simply be a feeling of personal betrayal if he has considered himself friends with these guys, and they've refused to give him public statements in the past about bammer. That would explain Cecil's attitude as easily as anything.

With regard to who is behind the stuff, the timing has always seemed really significant to me. First off, we don't know for sure who gave the SEC the info in July. I know the news reports say MSU waited until July to give the SEC the info, but if you really read the SEC and MSU statements, they just say that the SEC didn't get more specific info until July. Could have come from anybody. But if it came from MSU, why wait until July? One theory of mine is that it would theoretically be too close to the season for the investigation to clear Cam to play. Under this theory, MSU held back the info to try to bench Cam this season, no matter what the outcome of the SEC. If this is true, I can see why Slive is pi$$ed, and why the SEC would break with tradition and make public statements.

Next issue about timing: If MSU leaked the info to the press, why not do it BEFORE the AU-MSU game? Why wait until Auburn was a few days away from playing UGA and bammer? I look at bammer, but I also look at the John Bond--Buck Belue angle. Old Valdosta High School buddies who remain verrry close.

There are lots of unexplained, unexplored angles to this story. The whole truth will almost certainly never be made public.

Can't say why or how I know, but I know that Schad's connection to Mullen is the major issue here.  I'm certain of it. That connection remains the biggest potential problem, IMO.  Schad has proven that he will say almost anything and he has no concerns as to its veracity.  The problem is that when he repeats a lie over and over, most people don't care about the truth.   

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't really paid much attention to the whole Mrs. Mullen aspect of this until today. It is however, very interesting. Schad has continually said he had "two sources". I just thought that one had to be Wright; I chalked the other up to be Bond since he was the one actually quoted by ESPN. Now with that being said, I never really thought of the Mrs Mullen angle. Regardless of my personal angle of Paul ****head, the sumbitch gets real when the situation calls for it, and for some reason he has dropped nuggets of this periodically. I'm not gonna say that I am the "all knowing" but I do have to say that when it smells like a rat, well your best best bet is to call it as a rat.

BUT...

And I say again.  Look at the relationship between Schad and the Mullens.  It predates this particular issue.  

If a random person called?  Perhaps not.  If someone you considered a personal friend and confidant called? Different story.   

Maybe in that case you dish a little info to some of your writing pals so you don't get your hands initially dirty and then come in behind the first wave and burnish your own resume with a steady stream of BS provided by your good friends.  

Schad and Mullen.   That's your firestarter.   Look there first.  Don't let the spin meisters get us off chasing wild geese -- and there are a lot of wild geese in this thread.

Your thoughts are sound and I'm beginning to agree with you.... but not fullly.

If I can ask, What is Schad's relationship to the Mullens? and how are you privy to it?

How do you think Theyer Evan's got his info? Mullen? Schad? Someone at UF?

Do you believe that Jody Wright or Cecil Hurt played a role at all?

This thing is getting real now. I do think that Hurt has a play in this just because of who owns the Tuskaloser news. I will tell you though that Hurt will sing like a tax ridden jail bird if it comes to it; but it does make sense to me that Schad had different sources that everyone else.(+whatever to Galen). If you are gonna take anybodies word for it, you would take the coaches wifes first. I am not gonna pretend I know of any pre-existing relationship v/w the Mullins and Schad' but I will say I know of this b/w Ttown and NYTimes (see three articles pertaining to AU written by Thamel).

I will say though, when you connect the dots b/w Sabans comments on "pimps", there is a new understanding as to why Wright would go to ESPN for support.

BUT...

Yes

BUT...

Your thoughts are sound and I'm beginning to agree with you.... but not fullly.

If I can ask, What is Schad's relationship to the Mullens? and how are you privy to it?

How do you think Theyer Evan's got his info? Mullen? Schad? Someone at UF?

Do you believe that Jody Wright or Cecil Hurt played a role at all?

Schad and Mullen are what some would describe as "close friends"   Schad worked for the Orlando Sentinel and covered Florida football until 2003 or 2004.  He was close to Urban Meyer and maintained that relationship as well as one with Mullen and his family.  

As for how I'm privy to that?  I don't really care who is the source on my story.  haha.  

Can't speak to the involvement of Thayer Evans other than to say he (and the NYT) have a raging woody on anything derogatory to AU.  If we're making conspiracy stretches, Schad was educated in New York and first worked there.  No question he ran in some of the same circles as Evans and Thamel.

I don't think there's any connection at all between Wright and Hurt.  

Schad and Mullen are what some would describe as "close friends"   Schad worked for the Orlando Sentinel and covered Florida football until 2003 or 2004.  He was close to Urban Meyer and maintained that relationship as well as one with Mullen and his family.  

As for how I'm privy to that?  I don't really care who is the source on my story.  haha.  

Can't speak to the involvement of Thayer Evans other than to say he (and the NYT) have a raging woody on anything derogatory to AU.  If we're making conspiracy stretches, Schad was educated in New York and first worked there.  No question he ran in some of the same circles as Evans and Thamel.

I agree with this $90....I mean %90. I do think that Wright and Hurt have a play in this. Not maybe soley in Schads cources, but I do think that Wright was the source for Thamel which essentially became Schads other source. Wright will be a fall guy in all of this along with Rogers.

If you are wondering how Jody Wright would get this story to the NYT, think about how many members of the media were in town for the bammer vs Penn State game....

Again I say:

The NY Times owns the Tuscaloosa and B'Ham news, I will tell you that.

The NY times does not own the B'ham news, it does own the Tuscaloosa paper.

I agree with this $90....I mean %90. I do think that Wright and Hurt have a play in this. Not maybe soley in Schads cources, but I do think that Wright was the source for Thamel which essentially became Schads other source. Wright will be a fall guy in all of this along with Rogers.

Only if lies are accepted as truth. 

There's a lot of misinformation out there and people are being used as shields behind which the real culprits can hide.  It's designed to get people chasing their tails and looking in the wrong places. 

I can't say about Cecil H, but I'm confident you're not barking up the right tree with Wright.   That's all I can really say and I've probably said too much at that. 

not defending Cecil, but he is a weekly guest on the Finebaum show, and has been for a long time...As for him being an expert on NCAA matters, he is since bammer has been on probation for the better part of 15 years now.. He has been Paul's go to guy for matters involving the NCAA for as long as I have been listening to the show... While he may be the closest bammer media figure to Wright, I'm sure he (Wright) has plenty of contact with media members all over this state and around the country..Don't forget that up until a few weeks ago bammer was still in the NCG picture..With as much media attention bammer has gotten this year, there are plenty of opportunities to get this story out to national media figures.. Not saying your theory is wrong, I'm just pointing out that he had plenty of ways to get this story out besides Cecil Hurt.

I have heard PF over the years, and recently, refer to Cecil Hurt as an NCAA expert. He quite often asks Hurt about NCAA issues, mainly about how the process works. Hurt does know a lot about this, for obvious reasons.

No, when it comes to AU, he is not an objective person. However, I did think he was pretty fair on Monday.

1. He is a weekly guest but he normally comes on to talk about Bama. Since all this broke he has come on a few times at random and unannounced. I think he's trying to spin the conversation.

2. No, Donald Maurice Jackson is Paul's NCAA expert. Cecil is NOT objective enough to give a good opinion about Auburn's NCAA issues.

3. Sure, Wright had access to other media members but how many of those members would be willing to help him break an flimsy (possibly illegal) story, and do so with absolutely no credit.

BINGO.  

Is this the same Galen from AUC?....or maybe I remember him from 2 years ago on AE.

BINGO.  

Is this the same Galen from AUC?....or maybe I remember him from 2 years ago on AE.

A calmer, gentler Galen.  Yes. 

BINGO.  

Preesh.  Haven't posted much this year.  Trying to take a break.  Glad to see you here.  

I also know that at least some of the speculation in regard to other involvement is about as far from reality as you can get.  

It's fun to guess, I suppose but the guesses are wrong.  

Speaking of not knowing the truth?  I was getting a haircut today and the girl cutting my hair informed me that she "hated Auburn, but really hoped that we wouldn't get in too much trouble for paying Cam."   I reacted badly. My hair remains half cut and she didn't get paid.  I got to get that fixed tomorrow but I'm changing hair cutters.  Haha.  

Galen,

Glad to hear from you also.  Don't always agree with you but, you are as entertaining as you are opinionated.  Anyway, glad you are here.  Let me ask you this, why would Mullen want to hurt Cam?  Or, is this not really about Cam at all?

tin-foil-hat.jpg

I'm sorry but some of these Bama conspiracy theories are starting to sound like an Auburn version of Shane from Centerpoint. Every bad thing that happens to us does not have to be tied to Bama or at least some organized effort by them and Finebaum. :-X

I am with you on this one. I do think there may be a group or UAT fans, maybe even low level boosters, who are trying everything they can to keep the pot stirring.

I just can't buy into any conspiracy theory that includes Saban, Mal Moore, PBJ, and the media. These guys have WAY too much to risk by getting involved in something like that.

Think about this, if you were Saban, Moore, or PBJ, would you risk your job, wealth, and career orchestrating a conspiracy that required a GA, or even an assistant coach , to pull it off. Anyone orchestrating such a conspiracy would be beholding to any and everyone who participated in it. Finebaum has knifed several bammers over the years, I am sure they would not tell him.

Now, it would not shock me if maybe Saban, Moore, and PBJ, had a little something going, but they are not going to include a lot of people, especially not low level people.

Jody Wright told Cecil that Bond was shopping a srory.

Hurt pays John Bond for the initial story,

Hurt gets Bonds story and tells it to Thamel

Thamel meets John Bond at work for an interview

Thamel does the leg work,gives the story to the three blind mice at ESPN

Thamel gets his old partner from the NYT Thayer Evans to write the hit peices

Jody Wright continues to funnel the story through Cecil Hurt,Hurt continues the give the three blind mice the info.

The Joe Schad story has nothing to do with these folks imo.

Archived