New uat spin

Auhsv

How about this garbage? Found this on the corndog board...........

Take this for what it is worth. I'm just an old guy who knows little and remembers even less, but I've been around enough times to know what to believe and what not to believe.

I've been reading this forum off and on, but have never posted here. I don't plan on posting here again, but I do want to make my one post count.

To begin, those of you who are jumping ship because there is no damning evidence thus far, man up and be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day, and the barn won't burn faster just because you want it to. Trust me, though- it will burn.

My credentials are this: I know people who are in position to know things because I used to be one of those "in the know". I was involved in the initial investigation at SMU, not as a University official but as an NCAA pencil pusher. Right now, I have one son teaching at UAT and another in the athletic department at Auburn (I also have a cousin who was once employed by Auburn, but he has since cut ties with them after a falling out a few years ago). Finally, my neighbor and closest friend started as a CART agent with the FBI and does work with AccessData's FTK on the side (he's the guy who proves you visited those websites you lied to your wife about). I say all of that to say this: I consider myself well-connected. That does not mean, however, that I will defend to the death my sources. Anyone offering "insider" information, unless they are actively involved, is only doing so out of good faith to their sources and a belief that they can contribute in some way. This is where I stand.

(1)Cam Newton: Unless he stands at a podium and flashes cash, he's playing against Bama. However, his ineligibility is guaranteed. Auburn knows this, the SEC knows this, the NCAA knows this, and Cam (should) know this. This is the least of Auburn's worries because,

(2) Auburn is going down. Cam is essentially a diversion. Let me repeat myself again: CAM Is ESSENTIALLY A DIVERSION. There was a slush fund, and this fund was accessed by Auburn players through ATM cards. The paper trail will show this. The FBI is offering unbelievable deals for those who talk. Unfortunately, those in the know have to keep hush-hush while people are talking because this is a federal investigation, which is why

(3) This has taken so long. It is a process, people. The NCAA and others are not just sitting on their thumbs. It's like being in line at McDonald's- no matter how fast you want to move, you have to wait on the folks in front of you. Auburn knows this, and the mood in the Barn offices is gloomy at best. There is concern over heavy, heavy penalties, including loss of SACS and the NCAA Death Penalty. However,

(4) Auburn will not be given the Death Penalty, and it's extremely unlikely that it will lose SACS. The Alabama legislature and governor are willing to do whatever it takes to keep Auburn open and funded. The last time Auburn was in trouble with SACS, the governor begged for them to be spared. That won't work this time, but that is because the Alabama legislature is going to

(5) Clean house at Auburn. The BOT will be made up of congressman (if certain folks have their way), and no one other than academic deans will retain administrative positions. The state of Alabama, UAT, and the SEC NEED Auburn open, which is partly why

(6) Auburn will (almost certainly) not receive the Death Penalty. This is the only part of my information that I wish I felt more comfortable about. There is talk among those in the NCAA office of TV blackouts, scholly reductions in the 50+ (over at least 4 years) range, limits on assistants, and a revocation of almost all recruiting rights. Monstrous fines will be levied as well. This brings me to my last point,

(7) Most of the Auburn folks were grossly unaware of any of this. Chizik's reputation is dead amongst many boosters and faculty. There was a meeting at an airport to discuss what everyone (boosters, admins, etc.) knew, and as the meeting went on, anger turned to fear, fear turned to rage, and rage turned into disbelief. It was during this meeting that possible implications on SACS was brought up, during which point near panic ensued. The Auburn folks are waiting on the hammer, when they should be preparing for the bomb.

So, take all of this with a grain (or truckload) of salt. I won't post again, so don't post anything expecting a reply from me. Forget about all of this crap with "a big story coming in X days"- there is no timetable for this. Expect this to go slowly, and expect Auburn to finish its season with no NCAA/SEC intervention. Once again, I am passing along information that I trust- what you do with it is your choice.

Respectfully yours,

G. Franklin

WOW!  Someone who has UAT and AU sources and worked for the NCAA knows the whole scoop!!!  Whodathunkit???

Don't forget ties to the FBI.  This guy is the real deal  :laugh:

Take this for what it is worth. I'm just an old guy who knows little and remembers even less, but I've been around enough times to know what to believe and what not to believe.

I've been reading this forum off and on, but have never posted here. I don't plan on posting here again, but I do want to make my one post count.

To begin, those of you who are jumping ship because there is no damning evidence thus far, man up and be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day, and the barn won't burn faster just because you want it to. Trust me, though- it will burn.

My credentials are this: I know people who are in position to know things because I used to be one of those "in the know". I was involved in the initial investigation at SMU, not as a University official but as an NCAA pencil pusher. Right now, I have one son teaching at UAT and another in the athletic department at Auburn (I also have a cousin who was once employed by Auburn, but he has since cut ties with them after a falling out a few years ago). Finally, my neighbor and closest friend started as a CART agent with the FBI and does work with AccessData's FTK on the side (he's the guy who proves you visited those websites you lied to your wife about). I say all of that to say this: I consider myself well-connected. That does not mean, however, that I will defend to the death my sources. Anyone offering "insider" information, unless they are actively involved, is only doing so out of good faith to their sources and a belief that they can contribute in some way. This is where I stand.

(1)Cam Newton: Unless he stands at a podium and flashes cash, he's playing against Bama. However, his ineligibility is guaranteed. Auburn knows this, the SEC knows this, the NCAA knows this, and Cam (should) know this. This is the least of Auburn's worries because,

(2) Auburn is going down. Cam is essentially a diversion. Let me repeat myself again: CAM Is ESSENTIALLY A DIVERSION. There was a slush fund, and this fund was accessed by Auburn players through ATM cards. The paper trail will show this. The FBI is offering unbelievable deals for those who talk. Unfortunately, those in the know have to keep hush-hush while people are talking because this is a federal investigation, which is why

(3) This has taken so long. It is a process, people. The NCAA and others are not just sitting on their thumbs. It's like being in line at McDonald's- no matter how fast you want to move, you have to wait on the folks in front of you. Auburn knows this, and the mood in the Barn offices is gloomy at best. There is concern over heavy, heavy penalties, including loss of SACS and the NCAA Death Penalty. However,

(4) Auburn will not be given the Death Penalty, and it's extremely unlikely that it will lose SACS. The Alabama legislature and governor are willing to do whatever it takes to keep Auburn open and funded. The last time Auburn was in trouble with SACS, the governor begged for them to be spared. That won't work this time, but that is because the Alabama legislature is going to

(5) Clean house at Auburn. The BOT will be made up of congressman (if certain folks have their way), and no one other than academic deans will retain administrative positions. The state of Alabama, UAT, and the SEC NEED Auburn open, which is partly why

(6) Auburn will (almost certainly) not receive the Death Penalty. This is the only part of my information that I wish I felt more comfortable about. There is talk among those in the NCAA office of TV blackouts, scholly reductions in the 50+ (over at least 4 years) range, limits on assistants, and a revocation of almost all recruiting rights. Monstrous fines will be levied as well. This brings me to my last point,

(7) Most of the Auburn folks were grossly unaware of any of this. Chizik's reputation is dead amongst many boosters and faculty. There was a meeting at an airport to discuss what everyone (boosters, admins, etc.) knew, and as the meeting went on, anger turned to fear, fear turned to rage, and rage turned into disbelief. It was during this meeting that possible implications on SACS was brought up, during which point near panic ensued. The Auburn folks are waiting on the hammer, when they should be preparing for the bomb.

So, take all of this with a grain (or truckload) of salt. I won't post again, so don't post anything expecting a reply from me. Forget about all of this crap with "a big story coming in X days"- there is no timetable for this. Expect this to go slowly, and expect Auburn to finish its season with no NCAA/SEC intervention. Once again, I am passing along information that I trust- what you do with it is your choice.

Respectfully yours,

G. Franklin

Is Tony Franklin's cousin writing a blog now? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Respectfully yours,

G. Franklin

Is Tony Franklin's cousin writing a blog now? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love how even he refers to the as UAT.  I thought they didn't do that??

As Shane says he "just connecting the dots", only problem is that he has to make up a few dots of his own to make them connect.  Everything that he comes up with is not based any fact it is all just fantasy.

Shane Logic: I think it, therefore it is true!

I'm not sure where they're getting their "FBI information."  I've known several field agents and they don't share information about federal investigations.  I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI investigation and Cam issues never crossed paths.  Someone who says they have a friend close to the FBI who said ... is:

1) Lying, attempting to fill in the blanks with what they hope is true

2) Going to send their FBI friend on to the FBI dungeon.  FBI agents don't just lose their job for leaking information, they can go to jail.

Anyone who makes this claim may get a visit from the FBI.  They don't like leaks in federal vote buying and RICO investigations.  I also feel they are not going to take kindly to agitators accusing them of covering up evidence (that really never existed in the first place) to protect Auburn.  Open mouth, insert foot.  

As a little more information is starting to filter out, I am beginning to disconnect the dots.  Campus lockdowns, FBI investigations, and other events that occurred concurrently nay or may not be related.  I am, however, quite pleased with the general feel of the direction this is all taking.  I have appreciated AUFan, Chaotic, the mods, and so many others who have developed well thought out theories.  Now it's time to let it all play out.  IMHO

^^^^THIS^^^^^

Why FBI agents DO NOT discuss cases.

Source....ME...... FBI Natl Acadeny Grad

WDE

I don't know if this has been posted yet so if it has,  I' sorry.   The latest spin from shane and his ilk (already been repeated on  WJOX this AM) is that the FBI and Milton McGregor story is because Auburn football players were allowed to win jackpots at his bingo palors.  They are saying this is what is on the tapes.   Will they never learn??

10 other people were indicted along with Mcgregor and there are over 500 hours of recorded conversations from wire taps. The FBI had to provide all of its wiretap recordings to ALL 11 defendants (and/or their attorney(s)).

If there were something damning to AU on these recordings, we would have had solid proof of it by now.

For that reason, not only do I disregard any theory or claim that is contingent on the MM connection, it also undermines EVERYTHING coming from that camp. If you got the goods, you don't need to make up stuff like this.

To be fair, there are somethings coming from this side that makes me wonder as well.

Let's not forget that Cecil has a trucking company and that is probably were the money was funneled.  Or at least that's what Shane said.

I thought Shane was pushing the theory that it was funneled through an Uncle in MI.....His other theory was about a church revival in MS last Dec and them receiving large amounts of money.

I think I read somewhere a while back that Shane is married to PF's sister and he is a paid contributor to the show.

I don't know if this has been posted yet so if it has,  I' sorry.   The latest spin from shane and his ilk (already been repeated on  WJOX this AM) is that the FBI and Milton McGregor story is because Auburn football players were allowed to win jackpots at his bingo palors.  They are saying this is what is on the tapes.   Will they never learn??

10 other people were indicted along with Mcgregor and there are over 500 hours of recorded conversations from wire taps. The FBI had to provide all of its wiretap recordings to ALL 11 defendants (and/or their attorney(s)).

If there were something damning to AU on these recordings, we would have had solid proof of it by now.

For that reason, not only do I disregard any theory or claim that is contingent on the MM connection, it also undermines EVERYTHING coming from that camp. If you got the goods, you don't need to make up stuff like this.

To be fair, there are somethings coming from this side that makes me wonder as well.

Wiretaps are given for a specific purpose.  Incidental discussions involving Cecil would probably be denied in an court setting.  They would be considered incomplete, since wiretaps were not directly placed on all the parties involved.  In the courts view, it's like hearing a snippet of a conversation in a party.  The context and patterns could not be determined.  Most likely disallowed.  However, they could be damaging in a nonlegal environment like the NCAA or SEC, or even the public domain.  I tend to agree that the recordings are a whole lot of nothing with regard to Cecil.  At worst there is incidental comments, but that is not even likely. IMO.

As Shane says he "just connecting the dots", only problem is that he has to make up a few dots of his own to make them connect.  Everything that he comes up with is not based any fact it is all just fantasy.

Shane Logic: I think it, therefore it is true!

Are we seriously going to take our news from a guy who drives an ice truck?  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with driving an ice truck....but seriously, "sources" are going to trust ice dude over a nationally known journalist?  I'll stick to ST, Mayor, and the other Mods, thank you very much.

Archived