Heath Evans tweet

drew7

I recall him making a big run in the Georgia Dome during the SEC championship game. I loved his intensity and they way he played FB. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heath Evans has been speaking up for Auburn on both television and radio this last week. When things were at their worst, Heath has been bragging on Chizik, the Auburn creed, and Cam.  He is a true Auburn man!

Who is Heath Evans?

Wasn't he the one that was a brother to Jarrod, Nick, and Audra?

Talk about your vague cultural references .. This is the funniest thing I have read on this line in a while.

Those who can only give smart a** responses should go back to Tigerdroppings. To the others who actually answered my question, thanks. I appreciate the information.

Dude, calm down. Heath Evans was a bruising fullback and a fan favorite at Auburn. He was renowned on the Plains as an extremely Godly man who played football the right way, represented (and still represents) Auburn with the utmost integrity, and has now won two Super Bowls, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not going to say that your not knowing who he is means you're not an Auburn fan, but considering the quantity of posers we have trying to infiltrate the site, not knowing such a recognizable Auburn figure throws up a red flag for many. Mentioning TigerDroppings didn't help you either, though I understand where you're coming from.

Heath Evans has been speaking up for Auburn on both television and radio this last week. When things were at their worst, Heath has been bragging on Chizik, the Auburn creed, and Cam.  He is a true Auburn man!

Correct statement on most occasions but he did have some critical comments via radio interview about Cam and Cecil late last week.  I point that out to reinforce my thought that he is not blind in his loyalty, and if he's feeling this way now that is very good news.

Red. I appreciate your comments. The TD comment was out-of-line, but I assure that I have been a member of AE since Jan or Feb 2009. I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of other sites. I am an Auburn man through and through, but I haven't always had the luxury of following Auburn football as I would have liked. I am not a big NFL fan, so I do not follow our former players. I do not tweet, Fb, or any of that other stuff so the name threw me. I think I am among many who just want to know what the heck is going on. I felt insulted and belittled for asking the question. I am glad to hear that he is such a Godly man. I hope what he is saying turns out to be true. War Eagle!

Who is Heath Evans?

Wasn't he the one that was a brother to Jarrod, Nick, and Audra?

Talk about your vague cultural references .. This is the funniest thing I have read on this line in a while.

Glad someone caught that one...

Red. I appreciate your comments. The TD comment was out-of-line, but I assure that I have been a member of AE since Jan or Feb 2009. I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of other sites. I am an Auburn man through and through, but I haven't always had the luxury of following Auburn football as I would have liked. I am not a big NFL fan, so I do not follow our former players. I do not tweet, Fb, or any of that other stuff so the name threw me. I think I am among many who just want to know what the heck is going on. I felt insulted and belittled for asking the question. I am glad to hear that he is such a Godly man. I hope what he is saying turns out to be true. War Eagle!

Again, I didn't mean to make it out as if I didn't believe you when you said you're an AU brother, I was just explaining the backlash. Heath Evans is a common enough name that I can understand your not placing it as necessarily football (especially when you're talking about someone who tweeted about the Cam situation, considering the masses who have weighed in), and we certainly don't want you feeling uncomfortable asking such questions.

For the record, I'm not really a big NFL fan, either, but because my world is centered so much around sports (it's an unhealthy obsession...and it's been causing a bit of a rift between my girlfriend and me, actually, but that's another story), I keep up with it.

War Eagle man!

Heath Evans Was a running back/fullback for Auburn late 80's early 90's

wow, you were a little off! he was the during the mid to late 90's

Heath Evans Was a running back/fullback for Auburn late 80's early 90's

wow, you were a little off! he was the during the mid to late 90's

Actually, if memory serves me, he was a freshman in 98 and went pro after the 2000 season, when Rudi Johnson had like 11 straight 100 yard games running behind Evans, so that would technically be late 90s and early 00s.

you are correct. my bad. he was drafted in 2001. so his last season at AU was 2000. but i think brandon johnson was the FB for rudi. he was just like heath at FB.

you are correct. my bad. he was drafted in 2001. so his last season at AU was 2000. but i think brandon johnson was the FB for rudi. he was just like heath at FB.

No, I distinctly remember seeing Heath hit the hole, hard, first, with Rudi busting through right behind him. This happened every game. Heath's blocking prowess that year is a big part of the reason he's in the League now.

ok i believe you, i just googled it as you posted so chillax!

:laugh: It's ok dude, I didn't mean to sound harsh, I...well, I said in a post a few minutes ago that I have an unhealthy obsession with sports, and that is true, but it really would be about normal if it weren't for the passion I have for Auburn football. You gotta understand, I grew up watching reruns of Auburn games on Saturday morning in place of cartoons. I am only 26, but the names of Tidwell, Gafford, Sidle, Fredrickson, Cribbs, Slack, and Rocker have been echoed in my head all my life. I can still quote Jim Fyffe's call of Nix to Sanders in the 93 Iron Bowl, right after Stan White went down.

And that's all from before I was I was in a coma for 13 days. And I sincerely believe that my parents buying season tickets to the Auburn games is what gave me the motivation to get up so quickly (four wheeler wreck in late July 97, doctors said I wouldn't be back in school for at least a year, probably two...I missed less than 9 weeks of school and didn't miss a single home game). Friends not so passionate about the game randomly ask questions about historical Auburn football facts, just because they like to mess with me. And yeah, generally I'm either right or pretty danged close.

Like I said, it's an unhealthy obsession.

Wow, if we keep discussing this he will soon have eligibility remaining and will suit up for the BAMA game.

Just kidding guys.  Let's have some fun these next two weeks and beat BAMA.

War Eagle

:wedance:

ok i believe you, i just googled it as you posted so chillax!

:laugh: It's ok dude, I didn't mean to sound harsh, I...well, I said in a post a few minutes ago that I have an unhealthy obsession with sports, and that is true, but it really would be about normal if it weren't for the passion I have for Auburn football. You gotta understand, I grew up watching reruns of Auburn games on Saturday morning in place of cartoons. I am only 26, but the names of Tidwell, Gafford, Sidle, Fredrickson, Cribbs, Slack, and Rocker have been echoed in my head all my life. I can still quote Jim Fyffe's call of Nix to Sanders in the 93 Iron Bowl, right after Stan White went down.

And that's all from before I was I was in a coma for 13 days. And I sincerely believe that my parents buying season tickets to the Auburn games is what gave me the motivation to get up so quickly (four wheeler wreck in late July 97, doctors said I wouldn't be back in school for at least a year, probably two...I missed less than 9 weeks of school and didn't miss a single home game). Friends not so passionate about the game randomly ask questions about historical Auburn football facts, just because they like to mess with me. And yeah, generally I'm either right or pretty danged close.

Like I said, it's an unhealthy obsession.

its cool, im actually the same way. i do think you probably have a me on a few historical facts. but im pretty good.

Archived