Isaiah Crowell at the game

rws0009

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He want to wear a UAT hat let him, I am not going to tell anyone what they can and can't wear. IC obviously lack of respect for the school he is visiting perhaps gives us some in site to his character (what collector mentioned). Let him play for what he perceives to be a great choice in schools. We don't need that here. He will realize the errors in his ways later in life. I don't think it would be a good idea to invite him back. I bet the thUGAs are not happy about his hat picks either since IC is from Georgia.

Great game this weekend, was there but not in the stadium.

WDE!

Gabe Wright said in an interview that Isaiah Crowell needed to go to Auburn because he doesn't want to play against him.

do you have a link to that article(interview)? I really would like to read i..thanx  :wareagle:

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Wright-talks-Auburn-visit-Crowell-5670

GW has become a VERY key recruiter for us. He "hosted" teammates Crowell and Bonner, and also hung out a lot with Ray Drew. He said of Crowell that he REALLY liked the post-game locker room activities, particularly how Cam gave CGC the game ball in appreciation from the players. Wright said that he doesn't think that Crowell would "make a jump so high so quick", as far as making AU his leader, but he said that he DOES believe that Crowell likes the idea of playing on the same team with his teammate! As for Drew, Wright and he have become VERY close throughout their recruitment! Those two were "hosted" by another Ga. native that both were already very good friends with as well... AU freshman Jeffrey Whitaker. Wright say that the three D-linemen had a GREAT time hanging out, joking with one another (GW said that JW gave him a hard time b/c he claimed he could bench more thank GW, when he came out of HS), and discussing the potential of playing together! Wright says that he told Drew that it would be great if he was on the team, so that he could take on a triple team, which would leave him 1-on-1!  :laugh:

Wright's commitment to AU is IMMINENT, although he does have an official visit to UCLA scheduled for Dec. 4-6 (Drew is scheduled to go with him), and he could also visit one or all of Tennessee, Florida State and/or Clemson. He will make his public commitment (to AU) at the Under Armour All-American Game on Jan. 5 (7 PM EST on ESPN), and then take his official visit to AU on Jan. 14-16.

Gabe Wright said in an interview that Isaiah Crowell needed to go to Auburn because he doesn't want to play against him.

do you have a link to that article(interview)? I really would like to read i..thanx  :wareagle:

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Wright-talks-Auburn-visit-Crowell-5670

GW has become a VERY key recruiter for us. He "hosted" teammates Crowell and Bonner, and also hung out a lot with Ray Drew. He said of Crowell that he REALLY liked the post-game locker room activities, particularly how Cam gave CGC the game ball in appreciation from the players. Wright said that he doesn't think that Crowell would "make a jump so high so quick", as far as making AU his leader, but he said that he DOES believe that Crowell likes the idea of playing on the same team with his teammate! As for Drew, Wright and he have become VERY close throughout their recruitment! Those two were "hosted" by another Ga. native that both were already very good friends with as well... AU freshman Jeffrey Whitaker. Wright say that the three D-linemen had a GREAT time hanging out, joking with one another (GW said that JW gave him a hard time b/c he claimed he could bench more thank GW, when he came out of HS), and discussing the potential of playing together! Wright says that he told Drew that it would be great if he was on the team, so that he could take on a triple team, which would leave him 1-on-1!  :laugh:

Wright's commitment to AU is IMMINENT, although he does have an official visit to UCLA scheduled for Dec. 4-6 (Drew is scheduled to go with him), and he could also visit one or all of Tennessee, Florida State and/or Clemson. He will make his public commitment (to AU) at the Under Armour All-American Game on Jan. 5 (7 PM EST on ESPN), and then take his official visit to AU on Jan. 14-16.

Sounds positive for the good guys thanks hatch

Per Scout.com

"I am considering Auburn now. I kind of got some love from Auburn and I just want to get back down there now and meet some more of their players."

IC says now that he doesn't know if he will stick with his recent plans to either commit after his Carver HS team wins a state championship. He also said that he was unsure if he would take one of his official visits to AU or not or just take more unofficial visits there. His next scheduled visit is to UGa for their game with Ga Tech on Nov. 27.

*Note: Earlier I forgot to include 2013 QB Marqui Hawkins from Carver, who was also at the AU/UGa game with his teammates.

He may have worn that hat but I'm sure after the game he wished he left it home or on the shelf at hibbets..I think were makin headway with this kid.he's a stud and would get early time.

Thanks DJ! Sounds like IC is warming up to AU! I would love to have him. I hate he wore the other team's hat to our game but I love his comments more than I hate the hat situation. Let's get him back on campus when our coaches can have more time on their hands and can focus on selling the program to him and other much needed recruits. I hope for the best.

I think the 6 straight weeks of 300+ yards rushing is turning his head a bit... and seeing Dyer get close to 1000 yards as a true frosh

Crowell probably thought it was an Atlanta hat.  I wonder if anyone told him?  He probably would have been embarrassed to be seen in bama garb.

guys, i'm going to have to preference this by saying this is just a story i thought funny and is completely just what two guys told me at the game but...

So i'm going into the student section and my friends and I get seats in the endzone half way up to the top.  Well we get talking to two guys in front of us and they say that they had a friend at a tailgate that IC was at and they said that IC told them he was going to commit to AU. 

Now this is just a random story by two random people so please nobody take this and run with it.  I just found it funny and wanted to mention it in the slim chance he ever did commit to us.  I would give those two guys some mad props.

Again:  Not saying this is fact.

I think Gabe is going to work him hard because Gabe is obviously favoring us right now. Plus us needing RBs and our Offense. I think it we beat Bama we will get a big boost for him.

the question is "who" let him in with the hat on....there is a sign on the gate when they come in that states you can not wear anything related to an opposing team, only Auburn stuff....I read the sign on the gate at tigerwalk!

How did all of those Georgia fans get in......... :cool:

;D

Maybe Isaiah didn't spend 10 seconds thinking about what hat he was going to wear.  Maybe it was the only hat that matched his shirt.  Maybe he spent 30 minutes thinking about how wearing a Bama hat wouold really make a point.  I choose not to believe the latter because that would be an indictment on his HS Coach who is an AUBURN MAN.  Regardless, the bottomline is whether after his visit he felt compelled to join the likes of Bo Jackson, Carnell

Williams, Ronnie Brown, Joe Cribbs, James Brooks, Lionel James, Heath Evans, William Andrews, James Joseph, Stacey Daniels, Rudi Johnson, Brandon Jacobs, Ben Tate, Stephen Davis, Tony Richardson -- who am I missing?

Regardless, the bottomline is whether after his visit he felt compelled to join the likes of Bo Jackson, Carnell

Williams, Ronnie Brown, Joe Cribbs, James Brooks, Lionel James, Heath Evans, William Andrews, James Joseph, Stacey Daniels, Rudi Johnson, Brandon Jacobs, Ben Tate, Stephen Davis, Tony Richardson -- who am I missing?

Micheal Dyer!!!

Archived