Richt likely gone.....

AU-HANDLEY-TIGER

I don't think Ritch is out. I think you saw more emotion and finger pointing last night because he is under incredible pressure. If the Dawg brass can't see that he has some incredible young players with another HT like talent at QB yet again they are stupid. We would be playing them again on Dec 4th had Green not been suspensed. Ritch has never had tight control over his players and GA looked the other way because he hammered out double digit wins.

If he gets replaced I prat GA makes the wrong move. At least right now our staff being in year #2 know what they need to do recruiting against GA.

War Eagle !

IMO, both will return next season.

I agree. Didn't mention Richt, but with him starting a freshman QB, especially considering the numbers that freshman QB has put up and the maturity he has shown, I think they'll let him keep going. I mean, he's won enough games that I sure hope he gets another year.

I do think he needs to stop being so soft with his players, though. I think the world of Richt as a person, but he has to get his program under control. That's the ONLY reason I think he might be looking for new employment in the offseason.

Richt is out, what about Houston Nutt? In one season he has managed to:

1. Lose to Jacksonville State

2. Lose to Vanderbilt at home

3. Get killed by UT

How in the world can he keep his job? And to think, someone wanted hm at Auburn.

I remember that. Some nut wanted Nutt.

If Richt sees the writing on the wall, and he has an opportunity to start over at Colorado, he might decide it's time to move on.  We saw it with Coach Tuberville - after about 10 years, it's tough for a coach to keep staleness and complacency from setting in.

Any coach that takes over Georgia's team will have a wealth of talent, they would probably do very well the first year.

Tis a good point...

I agree. Didn't mention Richt, but with him starting a freshman QB, especially considering the numbers that freshman QB has put up and the maturity he has shown, I think they'll let him keep going. I mean, he's won enough games that I sure hope he gets another year.

If I am not mistaken, Murry is a redshirt Freshman, who actually enrolled early, so he has been in the program for at least a year.

If I am not mistaken, Murry is a redshirt Freshman, who actually enrolled early, so he has been in the program for at least a year.

But he's still a freshman, meaning he has two or three more years to grow, and Richt is an offensive coach. if he's doing this well as a freshman, how well might he do as a junior or senior? *dunno*

Of course, the other side of that would be that if you bring in a new coach after this season, that means Murray will have a year to learn the new system before being expected to excel in that system.

Another thing to consider is the recruiting class that Richt has put together...according to rivals, they already have 8 four star prospects (twice as many as Auburn...not suggesting that Auburn won't finish better than UGA, just stating a current fact), including Teddy Bridgewater, who, along with Frazier, Jeff Drikel, and Braxton Miller, is considered one of the top QBs in this class.

I don't know whether Richt will continue at Georgia, but I expect him to.

Any coach that takes over Georgia's team will have a wealth of talent, they would probably do very well the first year.

Georgia always has more talent than almost anybody it plays. That is one reason Dooley did so well.

Archived