Tweets on the Cam issue

aurules16

Phillip M. basically said that anyone who is reporting that the NCAA has warned AU is dead wrong...no matter how reputable the source.  Cam would not be starting this weekend if the NCAA had recommended he not start Period.

This is me talking now...anyone who is familiar with how the NCAA works in these situations knows that it would be suicide to go against an NCAA recommendation on player.  The NCAA does not rule people ineligible...this is what happens after they find problems in an investigation...

1. The NCAA notifies the member institution of possible eligibility issues

2. The member institution will declare athlete ineligible indefinitely and file an appeal.

3. NCAA will review the appeal, consider the circumstances and severity and issue a ruling. This ruling can uphold the indefinite suspension or reduce it to a given number of games (usually 1-4) the latter is what usually happens

When the NCAA recommends you not play someone...that means they already have enough info to do damage.

Nice first post!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phillip M. basically said that anyone who is reporting that the NCAA has warned AU is dead wrong...no matter how reputable the source.  Cam would not be starting this weekend if the NCAA had recommended he not start Period.

This is me talking now...anyone who is familiar with how the NCAA works in these situations knows that it would be suicide to go against an NCAA recommendation on player.  The NCAA does not rule people ineligible...this is what happens after they find problems in an investigation...

2. The member institution will declare athlete ineligible indefinitely and file an appeal.

3. NCAA will review the appeal, consider the circumstances and severity and issue a ruling. This ruling can uphold the indefinite suspension or reduce it to a given number of games (usually 1-4) the latter is what usually happens

When the NCAA recommends you not play someone...that means they already have enough info to do damage.

Thanks for the insight!!!

thanks!  Can anyone confirm this is what Marshall said?  Don't take this the wrong way but its been too long of a week to trust first posts.

thanks!  Can anyone confirm this is what Marshall said?  Don't take this the wrong way but its been too long of a week to trust first posts.

Don't know word for word, but that is what he said.

I could copy it...but i figured that would be frowned upon...I wanted to make a good first impression and also not get banned on my 1st post  :we:

hahahaha i understand.  I've just been around this board way too long.  And just to reaffirm, you posted your info exactly how you should.  :thumbsup:

Check out Joe Schad's lastest tweet about Kenny Rogers.

@schadjoe Kenny Rogers' attorney says his client "may have spoken with" Auburn coaches but "not about Cam Newton."

Archived