Cam's Status....

Ed_

Don't you think that EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the athletic department has been told they are, under no circumstance, to say a FREAKING WORD to the media? Every "Auburn official" BETTER be saying "no comment" everytime anyone that even looks like a reporter comes their way. Just more pot stirring by the 3rd or 4th best looking sideline reporter in college football.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest midnight

Auburn AD Jay Jacobs just said the school is not commenting on Cam Newton's status at this time

their not commenting cause coach chizik, and jj both have said cam is eligible till ncaa says so

Heres how much people rely on this board for Auburn information:  Almost 1200 views and this thread was started about 20 minutes ago.

I'm famous!!!  :happydance:

Ed clicked on it over a 1000 times by himself... ;D

Apparently Jay Jacobs also said "no comment," but Bryan Matthews just tweeted that he's heard Auburn has changed their policy to say "no comment" when asked about Cam's eligibility. Makes sense, honestly.

Heres how much people rely on this board for Auburn information:  Almost 1200 views and this thread was started about 20 minutes ago.

Infamous!!!  :happydance:

Fixed it  ;)

All we want to know if he is playing or not!!!  Why is the Tuscaloosa football complex on

police lock down.... Reported by JOx...

FBI raid!!!!  =)

All we want to know if he is playing or not!!!  Why is the Tuscaloosa football complex on

police lock down.... Reported by JOx...

FBI raid!!!!  =)

Haha oh man.  Here come the rumors!

Infamous!!!  :happydance:

Fixed it  ;)

I'm taking my toys and going home  :'(

:P

Mayor, AE, DJ, anyone that has close ties to the program. You have always provided some sort of update even if it's an "I don't know anything at this point." kind of comment. I, for one, would feel a lot better knowing that you are around.

If this helps any, I read on ST's Facebook page five minutes ago that Auburn's Athletic Department has decided to take a "no comment" stance with all questions asked about Cam from this point on.

If this helps any, I read on ST's Facebook page five minutes ago that Auburn's Athletic Department has decided to take a "no comment" stance with all questions asked about Cam from this point on.

Auburn's Athletic Department has decided to take a "no comment" stance with all questions asked about Cam from this point on.

;)

Bryan Matthews

Confirmed: Auburn changed policy this week to respond to all Cam Newton eligibility questions with, "No comment." On to the next theory...

^^This^^ should make everybody take a deep breath.

You could ask anybody involved with the athletic department a question such as "Does Cam Newton play QB", and they would respond with "No comment".

So after 1 entire week of allegations, now... now the AD decides to take a "no comment." I'm having a difficult time buying that. No comments are for situational responses. Going into detail. Saying "no comment" to a simple yes or no question that has been answered all week would likely have some reasoning behind it.

This entire situation is more and more like the Nick Saban going to Bama thing.

"I am the Miami Dolphins Head coach."

"Cam is eligible."

"I am not going to be the next coach at the University of Alabama"

"Cam will start on Saturday."

"Can we talk about the Dolphins game?"

"Can we talk about the Georgia game?"

"No comment on the Alabama situation"

"No comment on Cam's eligibility."

Before you know it, Cam will be ineligible and at some point in the future, Jacobs and Chizik will state "If I had to go back, I never would've said the things I said. I felt we had a job to do and tried to keep everybody focused."

Do you think that because they have answered that question 1000 times this week, that until something changes the answer has not changed?  Why comment on it until something change? 

Archived