ESPN updates story. Talks to Bill Bell about Cecil Newton

Paige65

It is to the point now that every day or so you can expect someone that has ties to Miss St claiming Newton sr. asked for money. What does everyone expect? They are trying their dead level best to get the Newtons and/or Auburn in trouble and/or trying to deflect it from themselves. The most shocking thing I have seen so far out of this(and this is saying a lot considering the witch hunt that has transpired) is the fact that so many so called integrity driven journalists who are supposed to be at least reasonable intelligent (not counting the one's that have buried themselves by jumping the gun and going beyond ethics on this matter) are actually falling for this. The guys coming out today ARE FROM MISS. ST IN SOME WAY...How is this not questioned before they indict Cam and his father. I have lived long enough that nothing truly shocks me, it is a strange world in which we live today, but this takes the cake...

Journalism, like most everything else in this country, is more linked to money, than ethics.

None of this is good news for Auburn, regardless of how many holes are in the story.  The nation is seeing ESPN, and you see what is being done to Auburn and Cam on ESPN.  Very unfortunate. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it shouldn't come as a big surprise that Bell would at least partially back up Rogers' story.  Rogers didn't just decide to drop Bell's name yesterday out of nowhere.  He provided that name as someone who was on his side.  He didn't provide the coaches' names because they would not back up his story. He denied talking to Bond because presumably Bond would not back up his story.  As others have said, he was intentionally vague on anything that would not just be his word against Rev. Newton's word. 

Archived