bowl projections

Guest midnight

It's gonna be the chicken bowl vs clemson....it will be a huge draw and the committee will make an even bigger deal since they will face each other again to start next season

Playing Clemson 3 times in a 12 month period?

Yes...Nebraska did it last year I believe...can't remember the other team right off hand

And even though I predicted it FSU may not want the Chicken Bowl because they were in it last season.

Checked out some predictionons from three web sites. Each has us going to a different bowl. These were posted today.

CBS  Gator: Aub vs. Iowa

SB Nation  Chik-Fil-A: Aub vs. Clemson

Scout.com  Cotton: Aub vs. Kansas St.

Checked out some predictionons from three web sites. Each has us going to a different bowl. These were posted today.

CBS  Gator: Aub vs. Iowa

SB Nation  Chik-Fil-A: Aub vs. Clemson

Scout.com  Cotton: Aub vs. Kansas St.

All 3 would be good games

Come on Cotton.  AU in my own backyard.   :party:

*****EDIT- Not going to get my hopes up.  No way we are picking Cotton this year.  Not with bammer, lspoo, and Ark. all sitting with one loss and then thuga with two.  Which website predicted us in the Cotton?  Scout, remind me to never get my info from them.  :devil:  Unless they give us the #1 recruiting class.  :dunno:

I wouldn't mind an Auburn-FSU Chick-fil-A bowl game.  I think that game is a national draw and sells out.

I agree that would be a good matchup, and would like to kick some Cinamanoles. However, CFA bowl yearly is alway a great game and always full house!

Gator is my choice.  Auburn has played in 6 Gator bowls with our last in 1974.  Auburn has played in 4 CFA bowls with our last just 4 years ago against Clemson.  We have played in 2 Cotton bowls, and its a long way to ask Auburn people to travel for a likely-not-too-exciting matchup.  The Gator pays 200K less than the CFA, but IMO it has a lot of draw.  

It really all depends on this weekend.  If updyke and Arky lose do we get 2 in the BCS?  I think it's pretty likely we have 2 in the BCS between LSU, Arky, updyke, and UGA (if they beat the West winner).  West #2 will likely be in the BCS. USCe is #5 in the SEC at 6-2 and win OR loss, AU is the #6 team in the SEC at 5-3 or 4-4.  UF is #7 and Vandy has a chance to be #8 if they can roll over Kentucky and MSU #9 if they can roll over the Nutter.

The bowl picking IMO should go as follows:

LSU - BCS bowl game regardless at 11-1/12-1/13-0

updyke - BCS if 11-1, BCS if 10-2 and LSU wins SECCG, Cap One if 10-2 and UGA wins

Arky - BCS if 11-1/12-1, Cotton if 10-2/11-2

UGA - BCS if 11-2, Cap One if 10-3

USCe - Outback

Auburn - CFA/Gator

Florida - CFA/Liberty

MSU - Music City

Vandy - Compass?

Gator is my choice.  Auburn has played in 6 Gator bowls with our last in 1974.  Auburn has played in 4 CFA bowls with our last just 4 years ago against Clemson.  We have played in 2 Cotton bowls, and its a long way to ask Auburn people to travel for a likely-not-too-exciting matchup.  The Gator pays 200K less than the CFA, but IMO it has a lot of draw.  

It really all depends on this weekend.  If updyke and Arky lose do we get 2 in the BCS?  I think it's pretty likely we have 2 in the BCS between LSU, Arky, updyke, and UGA (if they beat the West winner).  West #2 will likely be in the BCS. USCe is #5 in the SEC at 6-2 and win OR loss, AU is the #6 team in the SEC at 5-3 or 4-4.  UF is #7 and Vandy has a chance to be #8 if they can roll over Kentucky and MSU #9 if they can roll over the Nutter.

The bowl picking IMO should go as follows:

LSU - BCS bowl game regardless at 11-1/12-1/13-0

updyke - BCS if 11-1, BCS if 10-2 and LSU wins SECCG, Cap One if 10-2 and UGA wins

Arky - BCS if 11-1/12-1, Cotton if 10-2/11-2

UGA - BCS if 11-2, Cap One if 10-3

USCe - Outback

Auburn - CFA/Gator

Florida - CFA/Liberty

MSU - Music City

Vandy - Compass?

I live near Jacksonville, and would love to see Auburn in Gator bowl. Have not been to a game in 4 years!

Archived