AJ Green from UGA, "We will shock the world"

screeder1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ Green is unbelievably skilled. He and Aaron Murray have what it takes to score a lot of points against Auburn. It will be a high scoring game.

Still looking for reasons not to like Auburn...hmmmm you work at ESPN?

Did I say they would win? No, so maybe you should take your own advice and not try to make statements that weren't made.

Please by all means show me where I said you were calling for Auburn to lose?????...lol....breathe in and release

You said I was looking for reasons not to like Auburn, when all I stated was that Green was a freak. I never said anything negative about Auburn, other than Auburn's D gives up a lot of points, which is fact. But I give Auburn credit for scoring a lot of points on offense. No hate.

Reading most of your posts it is quite clear Auburn has not done enough to gain your full respect and that is the impetus behind my first response in here...Its all good I know not everyone is going to feel about Auburn like I do and appreciate what they are doing.... :thumbsup:

While AJ Green is a great receiver, he should be glad that UGA does not play Arkansas this season!

UGA did play Arkansas this year. AJ Green was not in attendance.

Thanks for the correction!  In that case, AJ Green should sit down and shut up!  BTW - Arkansas is beating USCe 31-10 right now, so the SEC East officially sux this season!  Other than USCe beating UAT, the West has DOMINATED the East and I hope AU stomps a mudhole in UGA next Saturday!

How the mighty have fallen.  Who would have thought that we would be going into the "University of Get Arrested" game with their best player saying that a win over us would shock the world?  What a great job this coaching staff has done with getting our players to perform at a high level both on and off the field.

We may not have seen a player like AJ Green this year, but I'd be willing to bet that they haven't seen a player like Cam Newton.

It's gonna be hard for AJ to make a lot of plays when our offense is dominating the time of possession with a controlled rushing attack.

We may not have seen a player like AJ Green this year, but I'd be willing to bet that they haven't seen a player like Cam Newton.

It's gonna be hard for AJ to make a lot of plays when our offense is dominating the time of possession with a controlled rushing attack.

AJ is very, very good.  But is he better than Alshon Jefferys, or Greg Childs?  I dunno, but if I had to pick...I dunno..

Well said, my sharp edged friend.

AJ Green, Alshon Jeffry, Greg Child, Julio Jones, and Darvin Adams are each in a leage of their own. That's a difficult list to choose from when selecting All-SEC first team. My money is on Julio and Alshon.

AJ is very, very good.  But is he better than Alshon Jefferys, or Greg Childs?  I dunno, but if I had to pick...I dunno..

Jeffery is without question the best WR in college football in my opinion.  AJ is a very talented player, and he will probably rack up a good stat line vs. us, but Jeffery is something else...he's head and shoulders ahead of AJ and any other we out there in my mind.

I'd say he's a better athlete with great hands and concentration, but he is not as big and powerful as Jeffery.  They're all 3 great receivers.  I'd throw Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, and our own Darvin Adams in that same group, though. 

Hey Guys, just reading the AJC on line and saw this from UGA's victory today over Idaho St.  AJ Green had a very memorable quote below that I hope will be in our locker room all week.   It isn't like we need a lot of motivation for this game, rivalry-check, lost 4 in a row-check, undefeated season-check, star player running his mouth already-check.  I guess he thinks Ryan Mallett and there THREE receivers don't count to what they are.   See below and WDE! 

“I know we’ve got a chance to win,” A.J. Green said Saturday. “I feel like they haven’t faced anybody else like me and [quarterback] Aaron [Murray] with our offense. We’re really going to show them. We’re going to shock a lot of people.”

In this instance, I don't believe AJ Green said anything out of the ordinary or anything that we could take as "bulletin board material". You can tell by his comments that he was obviously just answering a specific question. The question being, "Do you feel you guys have a chance against AU?" What was he supposed to say, No? Not at all, that he doesn't even think they should show up? That he doesn't believe or have confidence in his team or QB that they can win this game? Our team is extremely focused and we have TONS of motivation in winning this game, none of which is coming from what AJ Green does or doesn't say. I think AJ is right to a certain extent. They will shock some people. Some people think that we are just going to show up and roll over them. Which I would love to happen but don't see it that way. Georgia has zero to lose, their backs against the wall and I have a feeling we will see them at their best. That is why we have to be ready and firing on all cylinders. Which is exactly what I expect from our AUsome team!

I haven't really watched Georgia lately so I don't know how good their O-Line is.

Preseason, they were supposed to be as good or better than ours.  Let's just say they haven't lived up to that hype. 

Julio Jones? Who? Is that the guy that let the ball hit him right on his hands and dropped it yesterday? He doesn't even have the fundamentals down yet obviously. You look in the ball, catch it, and then turn your head up field and start running. Just for future reference Julio. The most overrated player in College Football. NOTHING special at all about him. When have you seen him go up and make something amazing happen? I'll say it like Katt Williams would "NOT NEVA!"

I can make the plays that Julio Jones has made. My vote goes to Alshon and AJ. And its easy. 3rd is Darvin. 4th is undecided. Maybe Greg Childs. 5th, Julio,Cobb, and Tennessees freshman receiver Justin Hunter can duke it out for the 5th best spot.

Yea, I'm being completely serious.

Zac Etheridge's reply

Even though Green's already started talking junk:

"We don’t get into that. You’ve got to line up and play football, and then we’ll let our pads do the talking."

http://www2.oanow.com/blogs/aublog/2010/nov/07/au-late-notes-were-no-2-edition-ar-1063430/

SIAP  didn't read all 5 pages.

Zac Etheridge's reply

Even though Green's already started talking junk:

"We don’t get into that. You’ve got to line up and play football, and then we’ll let our pads do the talking."

http://www2.oanow.com/blogs/aublog/2010/nov/07/au-late-notes-were-no-2-edition-ar-1063430/

SIAP  didn't read all 5 pages.

^^^ Yes sir Mr. Zac... be a leader.

I seriously doubt Mr. Green was in attendance when Reggie Brown met Junior Rosegreen.  Otherwise he might think twice before making such statements.

He may not have been there, but I was.  I though Jr killed Reggie that day at JHS.  I say we let The Bull loose on Mr Green, and see who shocks the world, or at least shocks his world.  WDE

:believe:

I seriously doubt Mr. Green was in attendance when Reggie Brown met Junior Rosegreen.  Otherwise he might think twice before making such statements.

He may not have been there, but I was.  I though Jr killed Reggie that day at JHS.  I say we let The Bull loose on Mr Green, and see who shocks the world, or at least shocks his world.  WDE

:believe:

That hit in today's environment would have drawn a 15 yard penalty.  What was more impressive to me was the response of the AU football team.  To a man, the knelt at midfield and prayed as Brown was tended to.  I think that was the clearest sign of the heart and soul of that AU football team.  It is, IMO, a trait shared with this years team.  Hard fighting soldiers.  This is Auburn football.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.tampabayauburnclub.com/AUGA_Pray.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tampabayauburnclub.com/page20.htm&h=600&w=800&sz=231&tbnid=Nb6J1In23D_ooM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpicture%2Bof%2BAuburn%2Bpraying%2Bfor%2BReggie%2BBrown&zoom=1&q=picture+of+Auburn+praying+for+Reggie+Brown&hl=en&usg=__iim8g42g4PyWj9wVRRtFdfpiRVI=&sa=X&ei=zTvYTLr0EYK8lQfM8qCRCQ&ved=0CBkQ9QEwAA

Archived