2011 Defense

timmeg03

With the loss of alot of senior starters (Bynes, Stevens, Etheridge, Savage, Clayton) and likely Nick Fairley headed to NFL early we will need to shuffle to fill holes. Not concerned with Saftey as Mike Mcneil and hopefully Erique Florence could even give us a talent upgrade.

My question is to wonder whether Dee Ford has been given a shot to play LB? He certainly has the frame and the speed. Losing Bynes and Stevens opens two big holes. Bates, Evans, Eltoro, and last years signees are talented. I always thought Dee Ford had that special pop when he hits someone. Ladarious Owens does too though so we will see.

I think the D Line will be fine. Whitaker, Nosa, Gabe Wright, Lemonier, Sanders, Bonomolo. Wouldn't be surprised if L Phillips was there next year either.

I thought the D line next year would be a problem at the beginning of this year but with the way the young guys have thus far I no longer see it as a problem. LBs will be just as talented next year but lacking experience. DB who knows, I doubt it will be any worse than this year.

The major problem for next year will be how well can 4 new starters on the O line perform? Best case scenario, Mosely and Green start at the tackles and we really only have 3 new starters.

I think the defense will be just as good if not better.  There are going to be gaps to fill, but that is why you recruit.  That is why we are getting a few of the younger guys snaps during the games.  My main concern is the OL.  I honestly dont know what we have in the ranks or who we have signed.  If anybody would like to enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

I think we'll be about the same defensively next year due to losses of Bynes, Stevens, Carter, Fairley, Blanc, Clayton, Washington, and Etheridge. But once the young studs get experience, they'll be very good

I think the defense will be just as good if not better.  There are going to be gaps to fill, but that is why you recruit.  That is why we are getting a few of the younger guys snaps during the games.  My main concern is the OL.  I honestly dont know what we have in the ranks or who we have signed.  If anybody would like to enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

Well signed the #1 O line class this past Feb. But the 2 highest rated members are not there with Gayden leaving the team in the last couple weeks and Coleman not making it to campus yet as he recovers from cancer.

Those who are left coupled with the incoming class that will sign in Feb., will give us plenty of options with talent that are just lacking much needed experience.

I think the defense will be fine next year. The young guys this year stepped up and I think they will continue to for years to come. MLB will be tough to fill with Bynes leaving but someone will step up. I also think the secondary will get better. The D-line will be great again because I dont think Fairley will leave after this season. I know he is good enough to be a first rounder but I think he will come back.

If I remember correctly, Ford was moved to LB last year and was quickly moved back to the d-line. He had trouble playing from a upright position I believe. I think LO has similar issues this year being that both were so used to playing with a hand in the dirt.

Guest simonsez

I think the defense will be fine next year. The young guys this year stepped up and I think they will continue to for years to come. MLB will be tough to fill with Bynes leaving but someone will step up. I also think the secondary will get better. The D-line will be great again because I dont think Fairley will leave after this season. I know he is good enough to be a first rounder but I think he will come back.

Fairley has been projected to go 8th overall.  No one would stay with that kind of projection

I don't think we can hope for Nick to stay, he's just too dominant.

Whitaker and Carter will be starting next year, along with Nosa and one other...I'm thinking Craig Sanders ,Lemonier, and Ford together.

at LB I think we will have Bates on one side, Curry in the middle, and the other spot is open...for Owens, Evans, Freeman, etc.

At DB, Thorpe will start on one side, with T-Bell on the other. Chris Davis will get in more too.

At Safety, I got McNeil and McNeal (Demetruce), as well as Erique Florence.

On O-line, Moseley will still be there. AJ Greene and Gayden at the other tackle spot. Dismukes at center. I am thinkin Eric Mack at guard, and maybe John O'Sullivan (another recruit)

I think he had 3 to play 2. One of those is gone for this season so 2 to play 2 left. A FCS school maybe. Who knows. This was a odd move IMO. He's looking for playing time though. He may try and get another year of eligibility because of his injury this year. Again who knows.

Bonomolo (sp?) have not heard anything on him, what has he done this year in practice, and what is expected of him next year-all I heard of him prior to arriving is that he was an absolute beast, but nothing since he arrived

I don't think we can hope for Nick to stay, he's just too dominant.

Whitaker and Carter will be starting next year, along with Nosa and one other...I'm thinking Craig Sanders ,Lemonier, and Ford together.

at LB I think we will have Bates on one side, Curry in the middle, and the other spot is open...for Owens, Evans, Freeman, etc.

At DB, Thorpe will start on one side, with T-Bell on the other. Chris Davis will get in more too.

At Safety, I got McNeil and McNeal (Demetruce), as well as Erique Florence.

On O-line, Moseley will still be there. AJ Greene and Gayden at the other tackle spot. Dismukes at center. I am thinkin Eric Mack at guard, and maybe John O'Sullivan (another recruit)

I thought curry was an outside linebacker.  I think it will be  Bates  Holland   Evans 

I think we'll be about the same defensively next year due to losses of Bynes, Stevens, Carter, Fairley, Blanc, Clayton, Washington, and Etheridge. But once the young studs get experience, they'll be very good

Fairley could come back, you never know. 

it would be irresponsible of the coaches and other adults who will be advising nick fairly to let him come back. he has no where to go but down in draft status so forget about it he's done. i think cam's situation could be different, but if he is a top ten pick he should go too. i dont think he is right now, after 5 more games who knows.

Dominate DTs will always be of high priority in the NFL. He could definitely risk injury by coming back or not. Who knows. He could come back and become an even better player. Or he could come back and be the same player. Glen Dorsey's status wasn't hurt much even though he got injured and didn't have the season everyone expected, although he still had a good season. He battled a knee problem most of the year but was still a high draft pick.

Coleman's stock fell a bit his senior year also.  Coming back cost him a lot of $$$.  Nick should go and provide for himself and his family.

As far goes, don't forget about Ed Christian. I know he redshirted this season and it was on this site I read where he was mean you know what.  Hate that Gayden decided to leave, but Sullen will also be back.

All of these holes should make for a very nice recruiting class. There are alot of oppertunities for a young man to play early in the next few years.

I hope we can find a "Cam clone" soon.

Archived