Steele Dossier

TexasTiger

8 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't want to belabor it but I don't accept Bill Moyers as an authority on Trumps lying without being specific on what he said vs. KNOWN truth. No big deal so don't waste anymore time with it.

I can only lead you to water.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

So here's an interesting question, since you're going off of this standard.  It's DOJ policy not to indict a sitting president, thus Trump couldn't be "proven guilty" in the traditional sense.  So what from the Mueller would you need in order to accept guilt?  Also, noting that the public will likely not see the full report during this administration, how does that weigh in on your opinion?

And the larger, overriding question is how can one simply ignore the lies from Trump that occur right in front of you?

23 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Looks like the swamp;D

Trump's swamp:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/trump-cabinet-officials-in-ethics-scandals.html

Trump's Cabinet has been rocked by a number of ethics scandals — here's a complete guide

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/trump-administration-conflicts/

Trump Team’s Conflicts and
Scandals: An Interactive Guide

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I know Trump has lied about some things. Most politicians have. I just don't know what the specific lie is the 11 accusations you posted above. I could post links to a bunch of lies Obama, Hillary, etc., have told so what makes Trump different from them other than he happens to be the current POTUS??

The difference is that many of his lies are quite literally about things happening in a federal investigation where folks are being convicted of felonies.  Lying about a campaign promise or some numbers is not the same as lying about things that break the law.  To try and equivocate that with a "most politicians lie" stance is disingenuous.

20 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The difference is that many of his lies are quite literally about things happening in a federal investigation where folks are being convicted of felonies.  Lying about a campaign promise or some numbers is not the same as lying about things that break the law.  To try and equivocate that with a "most politicians lie" stance is disingenuous.

Well how about the "honorable" John McCain? Looks like he lied about the Steele dossier too. I may be disingenuous but think you are naïve about politicians lying.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccain-associate-gave-unverified-steele-dossier-to-buzzfeed-court-filing-says

41 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Well how about the "honorable" John McCain? Looks like he lied about the Steele dossier too. I may be disingenuous but think you are naïve about politicians lying.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccain-associate-gave-unverified-steele-dossier-to-buzzfeed-court-filing-says

There's nothing naïve about what I said.  Politicians lie.  Try to equivocate some standard political lies with lying about breaking the law is another thing, especially when several of those lies are in direct conflict with already established guilty pleas/verdicts.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

There's nothing naïve about what I said.  Politicians lie.  Try to equivocate some standard political lies with lying about breaking the law is another thing, especially when several of those lies are in direct conflict with already established guilty pleas/verdicts.

Example?

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Example?

Easy.  Cohen just got a three year jail sentence in part because of payments made to women during the campaign (campaign finance charges).  Trump denied that those ever happened.

See the timeline here from Politifact.  This only goes through August, but documents Trump's initial denials (including ones from his own mouth) to the changing story of how he directed the payment to be made.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/aug/23/donald-trumps-shifting-explanations-stormy-daniels/

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Easy.  Cohen just got a three year jail sentence in part because of payments made to women during the campaign (campaign finance charges).  Trump denied that those ever happened.

See the timeline here from Politifact.  This only goes through August, but documents Trump's initial denials (including ones from his own mouth) to the changing story of how he directed the payment to be made.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/aug/23/donald-trumps-shifting-explanations-stormy-daniels/

Did Trump in fact know about the payments when Cohen made them and if so what law was broke? Maybe like Comey he just didn't remember:-\

Again to my point about politicians....what about all those in Congress who made payments to keep women quiet at taxpayer's expense?

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Did trump in fact know about the payments when Cohen made them. Maybe like Comey he just didn't remember:-\

Is that really your argument?  He freaking directed the payments to be made.  From the article:

Trump tells Fox News the payments did not constitute a campaign finance violation because the payments "came from me," and "didn’t come out of the campaign."

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Is that really your argument?  He freaking directed the payments to be made.  From the article:

Trump tells Fox News the payments did not constitute a campaign finance violation because the payments "came from me," and "didn’t come out of the campaign."

So what law is broken?

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

So what law is broken?

Are you serious?  I've literally already answered this.  Cohen is going to jail in part because of these payments, as they constitute campaign finance violations.

http://time.com/5373301/michael-cohen-plea-deal/

In case you've forgotten, I started this conversation saying Trump has lied about things which have been proven false in court and where people are going to jail.  For reference, the first sentence of that post is:

"The difference is that many of his lies are quite literally about things happening in a federal investigation where folks are being convicted of felonies."

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Are you serious?  I've literally already answered this.  Cohen is going to jail in part because of these payments, as they constitute campaign finance violations.

http://time.com/5373301/michael-cohen-plea-deal/

In case you've forgotten, I started this conversation saying Trump has lied about things which have been proven false in court and where people are going to jail.  For reference, the first sentence of that post is:

"The difference is that many of his lies are quite literally about things happening in a federal investigation where folks are being convicted of felonies."

Cohen is NOT going to jail because of campaign finance violations. That's a nit. He is going to jail because of much more serious charges which Trump had nothing to do with.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Cohen is NOT going to jail because of campaign finance violations. That's a nit. He is going to jail because of much more serious charges.

He plead guilty to 8 different felonies in federal court.  Two of those were campaign finance violations charges.  To suggest that he isn't going to jail in part because of those campaign finance issues is dishonest and goes against public record.  /thread

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

He plead guilty to 8 different felonies in federal court.  Two of those were campaign finance violations charges.  To suggest that he isn't going to jail in part because of those campaign finance issues is dishonest and goes against public record.  /thread

Do you really think that if his only problem was campaign finance violation he would be going to jail?

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Do you really think that if his only problem was campaign finance violation he would be going to jail?

It's a federal crime.  Up to the prosecutors, but it's likely that yes, he would get some time.  Maybe not three years, but some time for sure.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's a federal crime.  Up to the prosecutors, but it's likely that yes, he would get some time.  Maybe not three years, but some time for sure.

I doubt it if he hadn't lied about it so we just disagree. When is the last time anyone went to jail for just campaign finance violation?

On 12/18/2018 at 10:46 AM, homersapien said:

Hillary was wrong in the way she handled her email, but that in no way compares to colluding with the Russian government to assist your campaign for president and for personal gain.

Trump is guilty of treason.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-ready-to-pounce-on-trumpworld-concessions-to-moscow?ref=home

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2018/12/17/yes-there-was-collusion-now-what-will-we-do-about-it/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.95bd8de33111

Take this jokingly but.....I thought we hit the reset button in regards to Russia during the Obama Administration? Lol

25 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Take this jokingly but.....I thought we hit the reset button in regards to Russia during the Obama Administration? Lol

homie hit the delusion button.

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

That was a comment encouraging "Hope".  That was then.  This is now.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

That was a comment encouraging "Hope".  That was then.  This is now.

If you say so. #duopolyfails

Archived