Tennessee and Virginia Tech to play in 2016 at Bristol Motor Speedway

Auburnfan91

http://sports.yahoo....229--ncaaf.html

You can click on the link for the rest of the article.

Here's just some of the article:

Tennessee and Virginia Tech to play game at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016

Nick Bromberg

2 hours ago

Dr. Saturday

Michigan Stadium, your attendance record is on notice.

Tennessee and Virginia Tech will play a football game in 2016 at Bristol Motor Speedway, a half-mile NASCAR Sprint Cup Series track nestled in east Tennessee between the two campuses. Bristol Motor Speedway seats 158,000, and it won't have to be a sellout to break the NCAA's single game attendance record.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's interesting and all but I don't know if they'll actually be able to get that many fans to show up.

http://sports.yahoo....229--ncaaf.html

You can click on the link for the rest of the article.

Here's just some of the article:

Tennessee and Virginia Tech to play game at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016

Nick Bromberg

2 hours ago

Dr. Saturday

Michigan Stadium, your attendance record is on notice.

Tennessee and Virginia Tech will play a football game in 2016 at Bristol Motor Speedway, a half-mile NASCAR Sprint Cup Series track nestled in east Tennessee between the two campuses. Bristol Motor Speedway seats 158,000, and it won't have to be a sellout to break the NCAA's single game attendance record.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's interesting and all but I don't know if they'll actually be able to get that many fans to show up.

Offer moonshine and crystal meth! Hillbilly's can't resist it, and it'll be standing room only!

I lived in East Tennessee for 10 years. This will be a sellout. Tennessee and Va Tech could be very natural rivals. This will be a great game.

Bring your binoculars.

+1 ................... I went to a race there years ago and would find it hard to try to enjoy watching a live game there. I believe the athletic tracks that surround a football field are 1/4 mile and Bristol is something like .5333 making it more than twice the size around a standard track that you see at some football fields.

If Tennessee is playing well then they should easily draw 100K ....... They should try booking Kyle Busch & Jeff Gordon for a halftime cage fight, so they can fill the rest of the seats with NASCAR faithful :bananadance::ut::bananadance::ut::bananadance::ut::bananadance:

160K fans? Crazy. ... So how much of the track/infield space would the field take up? Are there not above ground garages, etc., that would have to be taken down?

bristol-motor-speedway-view-from-stands-photo-245451-s-1280x782.jpg

160K fans? Crazy. ... So how much of the track/infield space would the field take up? Are there not above ground garages, etc., that would have to be taken down?

I would think it would take up less than half the infield but that is a complete guess only based on it being a .5333 mile track. If I remember right they do not have garages due to lake of space. The haulers serve as makeshift garages? Seems like there would be giant dead spaces between the stands and the actual field.

bristol.jpg

Perhaps so but if you promised them about 120,000 people at $65 a ticket they could have that place ready by the weekend.

Seems that one of the computer geniuses on this site could super-impose a football field on the picture and let us see what it would look like. On the other hand, I can't imagine being any further from the field than my tickets to the AU-Mich game in the New Orleans back in the day.

bristol-motor-speedway-view-from-stands-photo-245451-s-1280x782.jpg

Neyland compared to Bristol ...

BWOmGSWIQAAdOQ3.jpg

WOW. That is one big stadium. How many races a year do they run there? Do they use it for other events to?

I have been hearing that the owner of Bristol Motor Speedway has been trying to set this up for 10 years it seems like. He finally pulled it off.

Let's beat them to the punch and hold the alabama/auburn game at the Talladega Speedway. Capacity of 175k and I'm sure we could sell plenty of extra premium seats in the infield. I'm guessing you could easily go over 200k in attendance.........and yes, it would sell out.

Maybe our computer gurus can give us the same graphic of Neyland imposed into Talladega. :)

I wouldn't pay $10 to see these two play at Bristol. Not to mention you'll be in the next county from the field. I've been in the upper deck at JHS and that's too far away from the action for me.

I guess you could watch the jumbo video screens it they had them... but it looks like the only screens they have are on the tower in the middle of the infield and they will have to come down

bristol5.jpg

Archived