Ticket scalping at the Georgia Dome?

chas

I'm taking my 12 yo son to the bowl game and don't have tickets yet.  Anyone know have prevalent scalper are at the Georgia Dome? 

Would I be better off buying off Stubhub or ebay today (decent tickets are in the $80 to $100 each range) or waiting it out?

Wait it out, but also know that you won't find tickets anywhere around the stadium.  You will need to venture out a few blocks from the dome to find someone selling them, because it is illegal on the premises.

I have a feeling there i going to be a little more competition with the scalpers this time around. seems that nobody has wanted to buy the expensive nosebleeds the school has to sell. I'd try to find some reasonable tix before I left just in case...of course, I have been left out in the cold before going the on site scalper route.

I would be very careful about buying tickets from scalpers at the stadium. It is against the law to sell them close to the stadium but be leary of buying from a scalper. I speak from the experience of getting burned. You have no recourse in this situation. I would buy from the poster or stub hub.

The SEC champ. game last year I talked with some people who purchased near the Dome and found out they were fakes.  TIP - if they are ligit. have the seller give your son a tix and send him past the gates.  Once there he can call you and you pay for both tix then you go meet him.  Last year this is what my scalper did for us and told me to do for any future dealing - ligit. scalpers will not have a problem with this as long as you can show them the $$$.

Also, I believe the law is that they cannot sell tix within 1000 ft of the Dome (may be 1000 yards??).  But I did my transaction less than 300 feet from the gate :)

Stub Hub is the way to go.  I do not like sitting in the end zone, but I don't mind sitting high (esp with kids because it will not kill their ears) as long as I am between the 20's.  Every time I have used stubhub it has been pleasant.  Scalpers cause to much stress.  Of course my dealings with the criminal element are confined to watching the Sopranos so some may do better than I.

Archived