Basketball Commit - PF/C Shawn Kemp

RunInRed

Wow, I had no idea Kemp moved to PG and had college eligibility left. You'd think his years in the NBA would have disqualified him but I guess the rules have changed!

:lol::lol:

Wow, I had no idea Kemp moved to PG and had college eligibility left. You'd think his years in the NBA would have disqualified him but I guess the rules have changed!

Yeah. I thought he was a West Coach kind of guy. :rolleyes:

This is one of his many children.

11.11p+kemp.JPG

Shawn Kemp Jr., the son of former Seattle SuperSonics six-time All-Star Shawn Kemp, signed with Auburn on Wednesday as part of the early November signing period for the 2010-11 season, according to AuburnSports.com.

Kemp signed with Alabama last year, choosing the Crimson Tide over Kentucky, Florida and Indiana, but he didn't qualify and instead spent the year at Hargrave Military Academy.

The 6-foot-9, 235-pound Kemp is from Canton, Ga. He averaged 12 points and blocked 78 shots at Cherokee High his senior year.

Auburn is also expected to sign these players today:

PG Anthony Salter, Council Bluffs, Iowa; Iowa Western Community College

PF Adrian Forbes, Athens, Texas; Trinity Valley Community College

PF Heath Houston, Powder Springs, Ga.; Hillgrove High

SG Jalen Steele, Knoxville, Tenn., Fulton High

http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/2009/11/auburn-hoops-signs-sean-kemp-jr.html

Quite a haul for 2010-2011. Adding these talented new faces to our new Auburn Arena - looking good! :thumbsup::cheer:

It looks to be the part of a solid class, but how did AU let LSU come in and snag Rhalston Turner?

from Sep 15, 2009. It's Ralston, btw.

Turner, a 6-foot-5 wing, also considered Georgia, Butler, Notre Dame and Alabama. His visit to LSU this past weekend played into his decision.

"I went down there last weekend, went to the football game, met with the staff," Turner told the newspaper. "It felt like it was the right way to go. I felt like Coach Johnson had my best interest in mind when I went down there. I felt close to all the coaches that recruited me, but especially Coach Johnson."

link: http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/899302.html

I get so confused with the early signing periods...all these guys will start play next fall (2010), correct?

that's my understanding. Good group of players to open the new auburn arena with, don't you think?

Archived