Zac Etheridge

GoAU

Has anyone heard anything regarding his injury?

Prayers that it's not serious.

During his interview after the game, Coach Chizik said he didn't know Etheridge's status yet, so wouldn't speculate. Prayers for a full recovery.

Have a good friend, who has a good friend that is extremely close with the team, say that he is moving his extremities and that they were doing the usual x-rays and scans. No links or anything just thought i would share.

Same thing in Bham News. Xrays proved negative and he's moving around. :thumbsup::)

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Etheridge Is Out For The Year

Coach Gene Chizik said Zac Etheridge, who was knocked out of Saturday's game with a neck injury, won't play again this season.

``I think everybody is very hopeful for a full recovery as a person," Chizik said. ``In talking with our people, (playing again) is the hope."

I'll update with more information as it becomes available.

push

Coach Gene Chizik said Zac Etheridge, who was knocked out of Saturday's game with a neck injury, won't play again this season.

``I think everybody is very hopeful for a full recovery as a person," Chizik said. ``In talking with our people, (playing again) is the hope."

push

Man this is just awful. Very thrilled it looks like he will be OK but hate it for him as a football player. Here's some info on where we go to fill his spot ...

Chizik said Mike Slade played "adequate" in Etheridge's place. T'Sharvan Bell is another option at safety. Chizik said they are not leaning toward playing Mike McNeil, who broke his leg last spring and has not played this season.

"It's rather slim, but we will get creative to put the best guys out there that give us the best chance to win," Chizik said. "We obviously have to work through some things in the next couple days to figure out what that is. We'll explore all the options."

http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/2009/11/safety-zac-etheridge-likely-out-for.html

push

Man this is just awful. Very thrilled it looks like he will be OK but hate it for him as a football player. Here's some info on where we go to fill his spot ...

Chizik said Mike Slade played "adequate" in Etheridge's place. T'Sharvan Bell is another option at safety. Chizik said they are not leaning toward playing Mike McNeil, who broke his leg last spring and has not played this season.

"It's rather slim, but we will get creative to put the best guys out there that give us the best chance to win," Chizik said. "We obviously have to work through some things in the next couple days to figure out what that is. We'll explore all the options."

http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/2009/11/safety-zac-etheridge-likely-out-for.html

What is the deal with Gabe? I would love to see him move to FB and Eric Smith pull Saftey, FB Duty

Very bad news. Hope his recovery goes well.

I wonder if the coaches have considered trying out Emory Blake or DeAngelo Benton out at Safety or CB?

Great to hear Zac is okay. I hope he's able to get back out there by bowl practice. Assuming McNeil comes back healthy by next spring, we're going to get a HUGE boost in the secondary with McNeil, Etheridge, and Bates all coming back with at least one full season of starting experience under each guy's belt.

In the meantime, I don't want to see guys move positions. It's too much to learn in such a short period of time to think that any of them would actually be able to help. Coach up Slade and Bell. Try D'Antoine Hood there again if he's healthy. Those guys are our best bests in the short term. This is a big opportunity for Slade to step up and fight for playing time next season.

Rivalry aside. My prayers are with this young man. I hate to see any player go down like that. Watching that game when he got hurt I immediately got sick to my stomach. It was really good to see him put the thumbs up though. I was also proud of the Ole Miss player underneath him remaining perfectly still. If he would have pushed him off to get up he could have caused some serious damage.

Rivalry aside. My prayers are with this young man. I hate to see any player go down like that. Watching that game when he got hurt I immediately got sick to my stomach. It was really good to see him put the thumbs up though. I was also proud of the Ole Miss player underneath him remaining perfectly still. If he would have pushed him off to get up he could have caused some serious damage.

:thumbsup:

Latest ...

Auburn defensive back Zac Etheridge has been released from a hospital following a scary-looking neck injury in Saturday's win over Ole Miss.

Etheridge is walking and coach Gene Chizik said Monday that "our medical staff is optimistic he will make a full recovery."

Chizik said Sunday that Etheridge will miss the rest of the season. The junior could still return for his senior year.

Etheridge, who is wearing a neck brace, was injured when his helmet hit teammate Antonio Coleman's shoulder pads when both moved in tackle running back Rodney Scott. Etheridge didn't move after the hit. He was strapped on a board and wheeled off the field after the injury in the first quarter. He was immediately taken to a hospital for observation.

Latest ...

Auburn defensive back Zac Etheridge has been released from a hospital following a scary-looking neck injury in Saturday's win over Ole Miss.

Etheridge is walking and coach Gene Chizik said Monday that "our medical staff is optimistic he will make a full recovery."

Chizik said Sunday that Etheridge will miss the rest of the season. The junior could still return for his senior year.

Etheridge, who is wearing a neck brace, was injured when his helmet hit teammate Antonio Coleman's shoulder pads when both moved in tackle running back Rodney Scott. Etheridge didn't move after the hit. He was strapped on a board and wheeled off the field after the injury in the first quarter. He was immediately taken to a hospital for observation.

Great to read this. That hit looked scary. He is very, very lucky it wasn't much worse.

Latest ...

Great news!!!!

Archived