Lattimore

Ravad

That's good to hear. I'm sure the excitement will be there with the fans and the team. Here's hoping all things work out great for AU & all concerned.

Come on down Marcus, Lache & Michael, AU has a spot for all three of you! And while you are at it, talk to a couple of big ole offensive linemen.

WAR EAGLE!

• 4 weeks later...

Let's hope the fans show up. 11:30am kickoffs have been notoriously quiet at JHS. Couple that with the fact that many have begun to feel this season should be written off it may not be quite the atmosphere we wanted.

Let's hope I'm wrong. Having a great game day experience could go a long way in brining this young man to AU.

Lattimore rated his visit a "10" according to scout. Other sites indicated that he said Auburn would be there at the last when he made a decision although he still plans on visiting Penn State and 4 other schools prior to signing day. I believe we are indeed in the hunt for his signature. WDE!

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/11/marcus_lattimore_gives_auburn.html

Marcus Lattimore gives Auburn high marks on recruiting visit

Top-notch high school running back Marcus Lattimore says he doesn't have a leader for his college services, but said Sunday that Auburn will remain one of his favorites.

Auburn, he said, is "going to be there at the end, I'll tell you that.''

Lattimore made his official visit to Auburn, and got to see the Tigers beat Ole Miss 33-20 Saturday.

"The whole weekend was great,'' said Lattimore.

Lattimore, a prep standout in South Carolina, is listed as the No. 1 high school back by Scout. He's the No. 2 tailback according to Rivals.

He said he spent a lot of time with running backs Ben Tate and Mario Fannin, and, of course, coaches. He said he was impressed with the game, and the tour of the academic facilities.

"It just feels good here, very comfortable here,'' Lattimore said. "I can see myself playing here. The running back situation looks pretty good. Ben Tate will be leaving, going to the NFL.''

Lattimore says he's visiting Penn State next weekend when the Nittany Lions play Ohio State. Then he's going to visit Oregon. He said he plans to take all five of his official visits, and says he plans to announce his decision on signing day in February.

I caught one of his games earlier this year. Lattimore is not only a talented runner, he's talented catching the ball. Seems to have great hands.

I caught one of his games earlier this year. Lattimore is not only a talented runner, he's talented catching the ball. Seems to have great hands.

would absolutely love for Marcus to sign with Auburn.

In keeping with TSN tradition of responsible journalism, they have Michael Dyer committed to Auburn on their list.

I know what you're saying, but when Dyar is quoted "I'm going to commit to Auburn" there's no sense in saying he hasn't committed. What he's already said is as good as a commitment, which in itself is less than half a loaf. "Commitment" in the recruiting game doesn't mean what our dictionaries say it means. In the recruiting game, "Commitment" means something like "Today's favorite". But kudos to our coaching staff for getting the attention of top recruits.

In keeping with TSN tradition of responsible journalism, they have Michael Dyer committed to Auburn on their list.

I know what you're saying, but when Dyar is quoted "I'm going to commit to Auburn" there's no sense in saying he hasn't committed. What he's already said is as good as a commitment, which in itself is less than half a loaf. "Commitment" in the recruiting game doesn't mean what our dictionaries say it means. In the recruiting game, "Commitment" means something like "Today's favorite". But kudos to our coaching staff for getting the attention of top recruits.

I know what your saying - and for all intensive purposes he has. I'm just splitting hairs with TSN.

I know what your saying - and for all intensive intents and purposes he has. I'm just splitting hairs with TSN.

Fixed that for you... Just a pet peeve of mine. :)

I know what your saying - and for all intensive intents and purposes he has. I'm just splitting hairs with TSN.

Irregradless, I'll bet he could care less.

You're lucky my grandma has passed on. If she were still alive she'd whup your ass for that one!

Irregradless? You mean he's not going to graduate? Dayyum!

Archived