Ed Christian (update: COMMITTED!)

RunInRed

Per Rivals, the 4* Offensive Tackle (6'5, 280) decommitted from FSU after visiting AU this weekend. He plans to return on an official visit for the weekend of the Kentucky game.

163279.jpg

Man this is great news. Just what we need another good offensive lineman. I hope he commits and we continue to attract top O linemen which we really need.

Committed February of junior year...

That is very early to make a decision about where to spend 4 - 5 years of his life.

He looks like a good one and AU needs some good ones. Come on down Ed, AU needs several good OL's.

SWEET...now if Mack commits that would make one nice CLASS along with the Olive Branch tackle duo!

I would love to have Mack... but my gut says he'll stay with SoCar. I think he really wants to go to AU, but there are too many mitigating factors like having a kid and the pressure to stay in state. Plus, it looks like USC is putting together a pretty decent season, all things considered. Maybe if we keep winning and SC goes in the tank. But I do think we pick up Christian, and I like our chances with the OB boys with Phillips and Bates already on board.

• 3 weeks later...

SWEET...now if Mack commits that would make one nice CLASS along with the Olive Branch tackle duo!

I would love to have Mack... but my gut says he'll stay with SoCar. I think he really wants to go to AU, but there are too many mitigating factors like having a kid and the pressure to stay in state. Plus, it looks like USC is putting together a pretty decent season, all things considered. Maybe if we keep winning and SC goes in the tank. But I do think we pick up Christian, and I like our chances with the OB boys with Phillips and Bates already on board.

Christian comitted to Au over the weekend per Scout...

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=2&c=910377&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fauburn.scout.com%2f2%2f910377.html

Bring on more big men!

Welcome to AU, Ed - WDE! From the home page ...

Ed Christian, a big-time offensive tackle from Valdosta, Georgia, committed to Auburn Sunday. The 6"5, 280lbs, lineman was in Auburn for an official visit this weekend.

According to Rivals, Christian is a four-star recruit, is rated as the 27th best offensive tackle in the nation, and is the No. 19 overall recruit in the state of Georgia.

Christian, who was previously committed to Florida State, chose AU over offers from Alabama, Tennesee, Clemson, and South Carolina, among others.

The Tigers now have three offensive lineman including Christian, Shon Coleman, and Chad Slade committed in 2010 recruiting class.

ed%20christian.jpg

This is great news after such a depressing week-end. I am beginning to believe that players see that we are just a few short of good men to bring us to another level. With that said, they should also see that they have the opportunity for early playing time and making a contribution to this team. I hope we can get 3-4 more linemen along with Dyer/Seastrunk/ Lattimore and keep the ones we've already got committed. I think this staff are going to wind up with a top `10 recruiting class. WDE!

Archived