Don't freak out, it's just for fun

JwgreDeux

From WarBlogle:

whiteconcept_bowman-e1401894396237.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of alternate helmets/jerseys/pants, but not particularly a fan of these. Where is the navy???

Also, I'm calling it. This thread is going to have like 15 or more pages, 60+% of which the people are going to complain about it as if they are the ones who have to wear the uniforms lol. BRACE YOURSELF.

Not to thrilled with that helmet and I like a lot of the other concept helmets. If it were matte navy with the tiger eyes then that may look sweet.

Ehhh - change the gray to navy and maybe I get on board for a game. AU doesn't need the hype of a crazy jersey nor do we need UA to even think of making us a jersey like Maryland! I could live with a new helmet (orange jersey??) once every other season or so.

turible- Charles Barkley

Perfect quote for those helmets. The inverted alt uniforms are the only ones that aren't orange that I'd want us to wear as an alt.

I have to admit -- UnderArmor let the dope smokers design the Maryland uniforms. However, I'm still more than a little intrigued to see what they could come up with for AU. What's the harm in looking?

I have to admit -- UnderArmor let the dope smokers design the Maryland uniforms. However, I'm still more than a little intrigued to see what they could come up with for AU. What's the harm in looking?

TRADITION!!! Don't you know it ruins Auburn Football, as we know it, if they do that???

:dunno:

There's another one:

blueconcept_bowman-e1401894296944.jpg

^^ I like these much better (even though i do like the tiger eyes logo a lot -- just not in gray on the white helmet). I could live with the navy ones for a game or 2 per year. Imagine the team wearing all navy, JHS is packed in a BLUE OUT for a night game? That could be pretty sick.

I'd prefer the blue over the white/grey one. Our offense isn't traditional, would it be SO very harmful to try out a different helmet? I agree with the above, we don't need Maryland/Oregon/etc. uniforms, but a little change (even for one game) could be a good thing.**

**Yes, I'm fully aware that if the uniform does change that the outcome of the game (especially if negative) will be a direct result of the alternate uniforms.

In a conference rich with tradition, yet at the forefront of modern college football, I find it ironic that many schools are entrenched on the possibility of changing their uniforms.

We are ok with the tapered stripe on the pants due to the newer Under Armor cut (which looks awful), but we are unwilling to entertain throwbacks or special game alternative uniforms.

I would love for Auburn to wear helmets that had the Eagle through the A on the sides. That is always been my favorite. I have never been a fan of the tiger eyes logo, but the tiger striking is good one as well. I am one of those people who wouldn't complain if they changed something about uniforms, as long as they don't go crazy like Oregon, Maryland, and West Virginia.

Here are the two vintage logos I wouldn't mind seeing on the side of the helmets:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uz7ujf1wTDM/UulLERwY_JI/AAAAAAAAMyQ/7qTSp9eJuNc/s1600/old+auburn+logos.jpg

They only thing I dislike about the tiger eyes on the white helmet is that the concept has been used already by a few other teams.

I recall Boise sporting their latest adaptation of the Bronco logo draped across white helmets when they opened against UGA in the Chik-Fil-A Classic a few seasons ago. Even as recent as last season, moo state had a Mack-like bulldog sprawled across a metallic maroon helmet.

I would really like for the team to sport that navy helmet once.

^^Dang, I was going to make that joke.

I would be for alternate uniforms, but with all the programs that are using this gimmick, it's nice to have a few teams that keep the same uniform through the years. At least UAT, like us, keeps their unis traditional.

Archived