Todd's health

kwagoner

Anyone else questioning it? I thought maybe he had a bad game last week. Then this week. I said, "maybe it's the wind. It is brutal." Then all four quarters yielded the same 'ducks' that are reminiscent of '08. Mental, physical, combo, or other?

I think the shoulder is weakening.

Anyone else questioning it? I thought maybe he had a bad game last week. Then this week. I said, "maybe it's the wind. It is brutal." Then all four quarters yielded the same 'ducks' that are reminiscent of '08. Mental, physical, combo, or other?

I think the shoulder is weakening.

whatever the problem or excuse...something is WRONG & should be corrected! sloppy penalties don't help & try out another QB

IF Todd is hurt, then they need to go to the bench and put in someone else. I said before, that I do not think we are playing Todd to lose, he is obviously the best option we have right now or someone else would be playing.

IF Todd is hurt, then they need to go to the bench and put in someone else. I said before, that I do not think we are playing Todd to lose, he is obviously the best option we have right now or someone else would be playing.

I agree. We did see a lot more Kodi today (granted he was knicked up last week). That just makes me wonder a bit too.

It could just be bad play, but it looks like something is off.

I agree. We did see a lot more Kodi today (granted he was knicked up last week). That just makes me wonder a bit too.

I agree and think something is off.. and that something is the fact that defenses are seeing how to stop our offense. Todd was throwing into double coverage all night. In fact, I saw him do that and get away with it in several games we won this year. JMHO

I agree and think something is off.. and that something is the fact that defenses are seeing how to stop our offense. Todd was throwing into double coverage all night. In fact, I saw him do that and get away with it in several games we won this year. JMHO

And it has caught up with him.. He needs to learn how to check off the safeties.. and he is failing to do it..

On top of that his health won't make him miss completely obvious reads down field. We had open receivers on a few plays he threw into double coverage to darvin adams.

I also soaw play #6 and #7 where he could have gotten a first down on 3rd down with his legs and he delayed to try to throw down field into coverage. Not excited.

Maybe our lack of receiver depth is beginning to show.

Well.. I saw it last week.. and I saw it this week.

No, I am not even talking about the lack of arm strength (whether it be from injury or not).. I am talking about leadership. He seems very dazed out there. He doesn't look like the same QB from week 2. His focus seems away from the field. He seems to be playing with lack of emotion at times.

Maybe I am reading into this too much.. but he doesn't seem to be having fun right now. I think he hurt his shoulder and he knows it. Its effecting him mentally. Maybe he isn't telling the coaches,.. I don't know. But I see lack of arm strength and lack of emotion on the field at times.. I guess I am just reading into it.

Maybe our lack of receiver depth is beginning to show.

When did we get a lack of receiver depth? Adams, Zachary, Fannin, then to Hawthorne, Carr, Benton, Wisner, more than most teams use. Gulley and Frenchy are available for even more depth. That's nine guys for three positions.

We had people open tonight, he just didn't get it to them. Trott was camping out at the 5 yard line on a particular play with NO ONE around at all, and Todd looked past him and threw it into double coverage. He did it a couple of times. He also had people behind the defense and under threw it.

A lot of work to be done, and someone needs to get it fixed soon, or the Auburn Family will turn on this staff.

No doubt the shoulder is a problem again. He looks just like he did last year. Recivers are open everywhere and he can not throw the ball past ten yards to them. Let Caudle start for the next couple of games and let Chris rest his shoulder. I would rather see that than see Todd flame out again. Teams know he is hurt and they are going to load up on the run. We must do something.

I agree. The arm looks like a wet noodle again. The reason the offense has been working is because we were able to stretch the field some early in the year. If we have a QB that can't throw it more than 20 yards the defenses are going to take away the short throws and camp out on the run game more and more. Plus the fact that he just plain looks confused back there. He was throwing right into coverage, just like the last play on offense last night. He just threw it up in a crowd and the receiver had no chance to make a play. Of course, the stupid penalties on the last drive didn't help matters at all. We went from 3rd and 1 to 4th and 11.

A lot of work to be done, and someone needs to get it fixed soon, or the Auburn Family will turn on this staff.

There is no reason to turn on this staff. Last year everyone thought that because Franklin brought Todd to AU that it was set it stone, Todd would be the QB. Fast forward to this year, everyone is talking about Caudle, Burns, hell even Rollison. Todd wins the job and looked solid through the first five games. He gets roughed up the last two weeks--maybe it is his shoulder, maybe it isn't--and now all of the sudden he needs to be pulled? Chizik is a first year coach that came in to a storm of criticism. Malzahn is trying to prove he can be the OC at an SEC school without McFadden and Jones in the backfield. What possible incentive could either of them have to stick with Todd at all costs? They are putting the players out there that they feel give them the best chance to win.

I remember for months on this forum, so many of us discussed keeping expectations in check. Face it guys, we have little depth and not enough talent to go around. Yes we have some solid talent at some skill positions but we still have no defense. It isn't the coaches fault when the O-line jumps early every week. You do realize snap count is something they go over in practice, correct?

Everyone said we needed to give this staff a year or two to get their system and their players put in place--what happened to that? Yes, we started 5-0 against mediocre competition. The UT game was big because we were going on the road into a loud stadium, not because we were playing an outstanding football team. We were happy because LA Tech was bowl eligible last year and we beat them this year. Sure, it was nice being ranked #17 in the country but with the talent level as a team that we have will not support a ranking that high for very long.

Give this staff a chance. Right now let's worry about getting another win to get bowl eligible.

The play calling last night certainly lends credence to Todd being injured. 49 rush plays compared to just 22 pass plays suggests they were protecting Todd. A buddy made the observation that Todd has not been the same since he took the big hit on his throwing shoulder in the UTK game. I'd rather lose with Caule at 100% than lose with Todd at 70%.

That's what we said last year, and we were wrong, that was evident when it all came out after the season was over about Todd arm being injured and Franklin's refusal to work with Burns. The only thing I am left wondering is if he is hurt then maybe he is hiding it. He had no business on the field last year yet remained in the game, I don't care if the coaches told him to stay in or not he should have pulled himself out for his own health and for the sake of the team. Sometimes the coaches may get it wrong and it is up to the player to do the right and unselfish things by taking themselves out. I'm not saying that is what is happening now, but it is what happened last season and I'm not sure I trust Todd to be honest with the coaches about the health of his arm. We'll see next week.

Something ain't right, that's for sure.

If his shoulder is hurt and the coaches knew it, I don't think they would be calling QB draws. They did

that twice tonight and it really shocked me!

In a postgame interview posted on AL.com, Todd was asked about his shoulder, and how it felt now. He said that it was fine. He went on to the next question. Chizik and Gus both said that trying another QB was never an option last night.

I hate to say this but if his shoulder isn't hurt now..........it probably will be after LSU, Ole Piss and Bammer gets through with him the way the line has digressed. What's going on now is a complete mystery to me because it doesn't matter what scheme you run, if you execute, you score, so I don't buy into that "other teams are catching up to what we're doing thing." Take the wishbone for example or the green bay sweep, everybody knew what was coming but nobody could stop it because of the EXECUTION. Poor execution, penalties and turnovers will kill ya.

Something has effected Todd's decision making for sure... And I think that his arm is giving out a little. He looks NOTHING like he did the first few games. His throws past 20 yards have absolutely no zip on them right now. Even his short crossing patterns are starting to look weak. His throw to Zachery vs La Tech was pretty nice. Of course, he has made some crazy throws all season (deep throws) that resulted in an incomplete pass or a catch (going our way).. But now its resulting in no catches.. and I believe more INTs in the next few games.

And as far as last year goes. This is a new year.. and no one is calling for Kodi Burns to be QB. I like Burns a lot.. but he can't throw well enough to be any more of a threat than Todd. Caudle can throw pretty well and his legs aren't too bad. I'd just like to give him a chance. Todd is doubting himself big time right now.

Archived